Welcome Forum Car Shows Monroe Balloon Rallye

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

[article]1891[/article]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Blown69RS
    Participant

Monroe photo link…..

Hot Air & Hot Wheels Balloon Rally – Monroe, WI – 6/15/2013

{should be a “Public” Link for all to view}

weenie’d out and didn’t take my car, but stopped in as a spectator this year.
    congrats on all who won today…
    Russ

moparkid25
    Participant

Apparently there is some distaste in the Monroe show. I was talking with a buddy yesterday and he said theres a lot of sore feelings over the Spectators Choice and the Judges Choice awards. Spectators Choice went to the hillrod who called my car rusty, he had a 69 Charger there. I looked at it, it was a driver quality car with a long way to go. Spectators picked it, nothing else one can really say about that.

The judges choice went to a 66 Galaxie that also won a class award. I was quite suprised (as was the owner of the car) that he won the award. I think the Judges choice is there version of Best of Show, cant confirm that though. That car also needs a lot of work. Other participants felt like the judges overlooked lots of time and hard work that was put into other cars nicer than this Galaxie, which may hurt there attendance in the following years.

I personally dont give a rat sass about who wins, as long as all vehicles are judged equally without bias, which doesnt always happen at shows due to brand loyalty or friendships. When watching the awards, I personally felt Scott Sphars’ GT350 was taking a big trophy home…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.