Welcome Forum Car Shows Monroe

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How would you rate the Monroe show today? To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B, Not an easy show to find for a first time partipant
    Parking Location – A, right down town on the square, around the county courthouse
    Class Organization – A, logical and easy to understand
    Trophies & Prizes – A, Trophies were nice, but prizes were on the light side,but a nice 50/50 raffle
    Food – B, pizza, pork, and subs
    Entertainment – B , a DJ from Illinois and several live bands
    Judging – Particpant
    Dash Plaque – Regular
    Variety of Cars – Farm Tractors, Motorcycles, and an interesting assortment of collector cars
    Bathrooms – A, porta potties and many businesses were open with facilities
    Weather – A, a beautiful day
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A, Early, at 2PM or so
    Entry Fee – $12 this year
    Overall Rating:A

This was my first time at Monroe and I won a Best of Show (Ford), one of the top three awards. (Certainly, the judges must have confused my car number with someone’s elses car =]).

I liked this show, the way it was organized (very smooth), the location and proximity to Madison, and the interesting mix of cars. I will attend this one next year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Not an easy show to find for a first time partipant

It never is, even after coming back year after year. They don’t have it very well marked and you have to enter at a very specific location.

Did you participate in the 12-noon rev-your-engines-salute?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, I don’t think they had that this year.

There was a sad tone to the show this year as a veteran Fireman from the Monroe Fire Department had died in the line of duty (heart attack) earlier in the week and his funeral was held on Saturday at a church downtown. There were fire personnel from all over the state who came to honor him and the funeral procession went right past the car show location shortly after noon and there was a moment of silence in honor of him. The long line of firetrucks and emergency vehicles running silent but with their lights on was a sight to behold.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Wow Marshall, I bet that was a sight to see! Sorry to hear that but congrats on your well deserved award!

moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, easy to find for me, but I spend a decent amount of time in Monroe.
    Parking Location – B, they would have a lot more space for cars on the square if they would get rid of the arts and crap fair.
    Class Organization – A, Every class was parked together.
    Trophies & Prizes – B, small trophies but very nice. I think they’re made of pewter…
    Food – A, excellent. Did anyone else try the malt shoppe on the SW corner of the square? I can’t go to Monroe without stopping there!
    Entertainment D-, the selection of music was ok, but the DJ was totally annoying! I spoke with a woman who was on the committee for the car show and expressed my displeasement with her during the moment of silence for the fallen firefighter. DON’T ASK FOR THE MUSIC TO BE TURNED DOWN FOR A MOMENT OF SILENCE, THEN TALK THRU THE WHOLE THING!!! She was also very annoying/overbearing while she was announcing the awards. 3D Sound/Dave Palmer is a great setup, but this broad working for him needs to get in check.
    Judging – B, participant
    Dash Plaque – n/a
    Variety of Cars – B
    Bathrooms – C, need more plastic potty’s…
    Weather – A, hot but great in the shade
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A, one of the earlier award presentations I’ve seen
    Entry Fee – $12, kinda high
    Overall Rating:B

circletrack
    Participant

If this is the same person they at some of the shows around here last year, especially Pardeeville ~ she has been asked not to come back to some events due to her presentation. There’s a fine line between entertaining the crowd and annoying the daylights out of people. 3D even gave money back last year to some shows because of her.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Also did anyone get any photos at this show by chance?

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:

Of that annoying DJ?

Sorry, no.

icon_headbang.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Of that annoying DJ?

Sorry, no.

icon_headbang.gif

Haha. I guess maybe its good I do more photos than videos! 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

I may have a few from Monroe. I am certain I took a bunch at Beaver Dam the following day, but I will have to check and see what I have from Monroe. I will forward what I have from Monroe to you.
    Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks Marshall!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.