Welcome Forum Car Shows Mopars on the Mississippi ’08 – Dubuque, IA

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, at a new location this year that had plenty of parking and was easy to find.
    Parking Location – C, blacktop with no good area’s for the EZ-ups. There was some shade up against the building.
    Class Organization – B, well marked and all classes were parked together. Some classes had a lot of cars and some very few, so there was some overflow parking.
    Trophies & Prizes – A, excellent trophies!
    Food – C, the local cub scouts take care of the burgers and brats. Not the best I’ve had.
    Entertainment -F, One sucky DJ that didn’t play anything that was produced past approx 1965. I hate to say it, but the car show attendees are a bit younger than the days of old, would it kill anyone to get the Led (Zepplin) out?
    Judging – Participant, cars that deserve to win didn’t and vice versa. Most turned out well.
    Dash Plaque – Yes, about the same as every year there.
    Variety of Cars – A, plenty of different Mopars. This year they had an open class for all makes and models that was not participant judged and was based on neatness and appearance.
    Bathrooms – C, had some porta’s but they could have had some more.
    Weather – A, one perfect day!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – F, These guys need to speed it up, it took 20 minutes to give away the damn 50/50 raffle. When people have been out in the sun all day, the awards should be kept moving and not telling stupid jokes.
    Entry Fee – $10, Iowans aren’t all bad!
    Overall Rating:B

One thing was that there was no smoking on the premisis where the show was held. I like this, even though there are those people who feel you and I should have cancer along with them.

The other is that the trophy presentation needs to be sped up. This is a big factor for a lot of people returning next year.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a fun show! icon_cheers.gif

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.