Welcome Forum Car Shows Mopars on the Mississippi

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, right off Hwy 151 once you cross the bridge into Iowa.
    Parking Location – A, cars were parked on the blacktop with plenty of grass to set up your tents behind your classic.
    Class Organization – A, all classes were parked together for the most part.
    Trophies & Prizes – A, very nice orange trophies.
    Food – B, the local Boy Scouts set up a concessions tent each year and do an ok job.
    Entertainment – DJ, typical ’60s music. However, between songs they would play old Dodge and Plymouth ad’s from back in the day which was cool.
    Judging – Participant
    Dash Plaque – Nice, had a Plymouth Superbird on them this year.
    Variety of Cars – A, over 200 registered cars and many different models. I was quite suprised thought when the class for stock hemi 64-71 had zero entries dontknow.gif
    Bathrooms – B, plastic potties throughout the grounds and full service restrooms in the sports complex.
    Weather – A, a repeat of Spring Green
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B, it dragged on when they wouldn’t start because people wouldn’t claim there door prizes.
    Entry Fee – $10, usual.
    Overall Rating:A This show gets better every year! Congratulations to ddhemi on another win again today, as he took second in his class…a very tough class this year! The swap area had a lot of desirable parts and die cast for sale, though the car corral only had two cars in it which were over priced for what they were. This is a great show, I recommend it to any Mopar fan to attend next year. It’s about an hour drive for me, or 85 miles from Madison.

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k
    Quote:
    Entertainment – DJ, typical ’60s music. However, between songs they would play old Dodge and Plymouth ad’s from back in the day which was cool.

This is a cool idea! Many of these old ads are now on youtube, and it would be pretty easy to just rip the sound from them… very nice!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great show! I bet it was nice to go to Iowa and see some of the cars from that area! thumbsup.gif

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Sounds like a great show! I bet it was nice to go to Iowa and see some of the cars from that area! thumbsup.gif

I wish I would’ve remembered to take my camera to get some photo’s. Though there were no Hemi cars, there were still many nice vehicles throughout the show, and many different thisgs you don’t see every day. One of the coolest things I saw was a late model Dodge truck with a pistol grip shifter!! There was also a General Lee, a ’57 Plymouth Belvidere, and an early 90’s LeBaron convertible that was converted to V8-rear wheel drive!!!

One of my favorite cars I saw was a was a ’71 Charger R/T that was sassy grass green, and had little statues on the air cleaner of KISS icon_punk.gif

icon_headbang.gif

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    I wish I would’ve remembered to take my camera to get some photo’s. Though there were no Hemi cars, there were still many nice vehicles throughout the show, and many different thisgs you don’t see every day. One of the coolest things I saw was a late model Dodge truck with a pistol grip shifter!! There was also a General Lee, a ’57 Plymouth Belvidere, and an early 90’s LeBaron convertible that was converted to V8-rear wheel drive!!!

One of my favorite cars I saw was a was a ’71 Charger R/T that was sassy grass green, and had little statues on the air cleaner of KISS icon_punk.gif

icon_headbang.gif

I wish I had seen that. Sounds like a good time. Next year I will have to get to a few of those Mopar shows with you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.