Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Most Influential Muscle Car Model for Each Make

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Which model and year from each make do you consider most influential? This could be the most influential model for you personally (e.g the ’69 GTO you had in high school) or the model you consider the most influential in establishing said make as an industry leader. Or, perhaps you’d look at it from the perspective of which models were most innovative. What are your picks?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

That is extremely tough. There is so much to consider.

The 1932 Ford “Duece” is a staple in Hot Rods, but the Model T was also one of the originals. And the Mustang has influenced generations.

For Chevrolet you have a plethora of choices. The shoebox or Tri5 Bel Airs, The Corvette, The Camaro, The Chevelle…ALL had so much influence on many people..and still do

Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouht has the Max Wedge cars of the early 60’s and the mighty elephant of the late 60’s/early 70’s

If I had to pick one car for Ford…1968 Mustang – Who doesn’t know the chase scene in “Bullit”
    Chevy- Corvette – For generations the Corvette symbolized America and is “The American sportscar”
    Mopar- 1969 Dodge Charger – specifically a certain orange version with a confederate flag on the top. So many of us spent our formative years watching the Duke boys

GTO Man

AMC has the Rambler SC/Rambler

jonmandude
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:

One of my favorite cars of all time. The predecessor was the 1968 Rambler Rogue. Same body and engine, just no fancy Hurst package. Don’t forget the Rebel “The Machine” and the AMX

GTO Man

I think they are finally getting some respect, and not just from people who already knew about them. I think the Rogue could of been a real sleeper. AMC had some true muscle.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    GTO Man wrote:

Jon had some good justifications for his picks – what about your pick of the Rambler?

GTO Man
    Garibaldi wrote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Jon had some good justifications for his picks – what about your pick of the Rambler?

Ramblers were reasonably priced utilitarian vehicles for the most part. They were also involved(AMX) in the Trans-Am series. The SC/Scrambler had a very patriotic theme.

jonmandude
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    Ramblers were reasonably priced utilitarian vehicles for the most part. They were also involved(AMX) in the Trans-Am series. The SC/Scrambler had a very patriotic theme.

..and made here in Wisconsin

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.