Welcome Forum Car Shows Mt Horeb

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

If you were in attendance rate the Mt Horeb Car Show

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Man alive it was HOT today!!!! Nice show, but I wish they’d started their judging a bit earlier. Many cars were early because of the heat, and I know they had less cars than last year. At a couple shows this year, you’re given 30-45 minutes after you register to get your car ready for the judges and I like that!

Great location, nice awards. We won Best Paint and are thrilled! :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hot is right! 😯 sunny.gif Whew! blob8.gif blob8.gif blob8.gif blob8.gif blob8.gif

I couldn’t even stand it when I wasn’t in the shade, the sun was extremely hot today, and the humidity didn’t help at all. They had a lot of nice cars, probably around 100 or so. One thing I will say is the show is spread out a lot, but I guess they were anticipating more cars.

Congrats Circletrack, glad to hear it! thumbsup.gif

Because of these things I would give this show a B. I was able to talk to quite a few people, which really enhances a show. thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to give it an A-.

I liked the location, registration was smooth and easy, and the cars were exceptionally nice. What about all of those beautiful cycles!

I had time to move about and talk with alot of folks and I really enjoyed the show.
    It was a bit long, though. I would have liked to see judging start earlier, and the trophy awards earlier.

Marshall

GTO Man

I would give it a B+. It is a nice setting with plenty of room. The cars don’t get dusty. It is nice to see the cylces there also, they were like a work of art. It would be nice if they could give the awards out a little earlier though. I am surprised they did not have more cars.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    What about all of those beautiful cycles!

Its really amazing the time, effort, and attention to detail spent on bikes like those! Truly what a work of art!

I had a chance to talk with the owner of the 3D Sound Company, which put on the music for this show. I thought the selection of artists and songs really fit my tastes well, moreso than other shows this year (Dire Straits, ect). He said that they do over 140 events during the year, all over the Midwest.

marvelous
    Participant

I have heard from various people that some of the judges at the Mount Horeb show won trophies. Did anyone else hear that. If so, that really stinks. I don’t think that any one that judges a show should be able to winn a trophy. dontknow.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

All I heard was that they were supposed to give out trophies at 4 and it was actually 4:45 before they got started. Did anyone else hear this about the judges getting trophies?

circletrack
    Participant

No, the judges did not win trophies at Mt. Horeb. A couple people coordinating the show won, but they were not judges. I don’t know for sure, but I know the judging was a bit late as they had some cars they couldn’t find. I don’t mind waiting 30-45 minutes for awards, it’s the ones that are 1-2 hours late that bother me.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    No, the judges did not win trophies at Mt. Horeb. A couple people coordinating the show won, but they were not judges. I don’t know for sure, but I know the judging was a bit late as they had some cars they couldn’t find. I don’t mind waiting 30-45 minutes for awards, it’s the ones that are 1-2 hours late that bother me.

I think the thing about that particular day is the extremely excessive heat compounded any delay. Fortunately this weekend was about 1000 times better! icon_punk.gif sunny.gif

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.