Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Muscle Car Prices

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

After following the auctions taking place throughout the country I have noticed a softening in the appreciation of certain cars. I think many of the Mopars have leveled off a certain amount. GTO’s seem to be picking up steam, I think they have been somewhat undervalued. Some of the lesser known Ford and Oldsmobile models are appreciating well also. Chevy’s are always popular but they aren’t rising as fast as others either. Of course the ones that may not be appreciating as fast are ones that are already at a high level.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming months. It seems as though the market for everything is heading for a slump. In the past 5 to 10 years the price of everything shot up waayy too quickly and sooner or later the market will not be able to support itself. Plus with 2 new versions of muscle cars coming out next year (Camaro and Challenger) will the price of classics take a little hit?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the market will soften this coming year. If you are an owner or seller, that’s not the best market to be in. Of course, if you are looking for your first collector car or another one to add to the stable, then it might be a great year to go out and buy that classic red convertible muscle car thumbsup.gif

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I think the market will soften this coming year. If you are an owner or seller, that’s not the best market to be in. Of course, if you are looking for your first collector car or another one to add to the stable, then it might be a great year to go out and buy that classic red convertible muscle car thumbsup.gif

Marshall

This is what I’m hoping since I’m shopping for another car myself. But, I don’t want to take a bath if it comes time to sell either. I plan to buy something to hold on to, my last two cars I didn’t have that long. I miss my ’68 Charger, that was a turn-key car thumbsup.gif

RivFan
    Participant

Can’t go wrong with a ’68 or ’69 Charger (w/the General Lee package)…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLkFc2_csDM&feature=related[/youtube]

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Can’t go wrong with a ’68 or ’69 Charger (w/the General Lee package)…

thumbsup.gif

I wouldn’t mind a General Lee, but I would have to build one and have it my way, which would be correct. I see too many of them done cheap and incorrect, and have only seen two that were done right to match the vehicle on the show. However, with any mopar, the engine bay needs to be body color, not spray-bombed black!!! None of these cheap, aftermarket steering wheels, and the interior must be tan. I could go on but I need to taper off now, thanks Al Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.