Welcome Forum Car Shows My new Toy

• Creator
    Topic
    thekcarguy
    Participant

Well I decided to part way’s with my 86 Reliant, fun car it was, but it is time for a change. What I am picking up next week is a one one owner family car. It’s a Charcoal Gray 1988 Dodge Aries with only 56,000 original miles. The front seat is not broken down, has it’s original floormat’s that are not stained, all the plastic interior pieces are not faded, trunk has never been used, steering wheel is flawless as well as the pedals. I have all the original paper work. Car has a 2.2 Liter TBI, however it is making a strange noise that we are alarmed about, probably just needs a good drive to be honest or the timing belt is in need of replacement. The only rust on the whole car is the rear rockers, they have a small amount of surface rust. I am really looking forward to getting this car up to par and showing it next season.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

How did you find the car? Message forum or did it find you?

GTO Man

Sounds like a nice car, nothing like a low mileage original.

thekcarguy
    Participant

Well I actually spotted the car about 6 years ago, or was it 8 I can’t remember, it then had 40,000 miles. The owners mother had the car then. Then last year the mother gave the car to her daughter who sadly drove it daily so it got surface rust..Just this year her mother passed away and she since had gotten a new car. There is a funny story that goes along with this car. The original owner never purchased a new car in her life, her husband did all the work. She purchased it shortly after he died. She had no clue how to write the check out, so the dealership people helped her. GTO MAN you are right, nothing beats 56,000 miles, it drives like brand new and it is quiet. In all honesty it is the best K-car I have drove in my life time. She wants 1,000 cash, but due to the engine noise the surface rust, headliner sagging and the air conditioner not working I think I am going to offer 750 or 800 for the car. Other than the ticking issue the motor is smooth as glass.

oh and as for finding it, last year I saw it at the mall and I left a note with my number on the windshield, the lady called me and said the mirror broke, so I repaired it for her. and I have done a couple of oil changes on it as well..hoping she would give me the car. But that is not the case…I will get pics as soon as I can.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.