Welcome Forum The Lounge New Auto/Truck Title Fees

• Creator
    Topic
    Gunner
    Participant

Did anyone else notice that effective October 1st, auto/truck title fees here in Wisconsin increased from $64 to $169.50? Yep, that’s right, It will cost you $169.50 to get a title for your new or used car. And, this is just the title fee and doesn’t include the annual Registration Fee or the new Wheel Tax.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That amount of increase is ridiculous. They keep using the excuse that ‘fees in Wisconsin are lower than other states’, so what. We pay too many taxes up-front and hidden in this State. It is a tax hell.

And the Madison Mayor is proposing a $40 per vehicle fee starting in January. So the annual registration fee in Madison would be:
    State registration fee – $85
    County fee – $28
    City fee – $40
    Total – $153

I would rather see more money put toward public safety. That is one reason Chief Koval retired. The number of shots fired incidents seem to be rising rapidly.

Gunner
    Participant

The state just got a huge jump in the initial registration/titling fee from $64 to $169.50, a whooping $100 increase! Dane County wheel tax is $28. The city of Madison fee would be another $40. Where in the hell is this money going, and why do we allow politicians to do this to us, the hard working blue collar, contributing members of society?

I, too, would feel much better if some of this new money was being spent on public safety (police, fire, emergency services) instead of special interest groups such as high speed rail, office of immigration assistance, bilingual interpreters, multiple mayors with nothing to do, lieutenant governors who have nothing to do, etc.

moparkid25
    Participant

“The state just got a huge jump in the initial registration/titling fee from $64 to $169.50, a whooping $100 increase! Dane County wheel tax is $28. The city of Madison fee would be another $40. Where in the hell is this money going, and why do we allow politicians to do this to us, the hard working blue collar, contributing members of society?

I, too, would feel much better if some of this new money was being spent on public safety (police, fire, emergency services) instead of special interest groups such as high speed rail, office of immigration assistance, bilingual interpreters, multiple mayors with nothing to do, lieutenant governors who have nothing to do, etc.”

I wasn’t Walker’s biggest fan, but what you are experiencing now is liberal politics in action. Tax and spend. You will not see any roads in Dane County repaired, I live off a county road that was resurfaced three years ago, it was a very poor resurface that the blacktop broke up so they fixed it by filling in the washout with gravel. All of this while Dane County sits on a $30M surplus. Governor Gilligan (Seriously, somebody get this clown a decent haircut) leaned right on DOT fees right out of the gate. The wheel taxes being imposed by induvidual counties are another way to squeeze the taxpayer. Not once did anyone consider looking at the wasteful state spending and put an end to that…. And don’t get me started on this “Mayor” in Madison… I actually feel sorry for the common sense residents of the city. Never did I ever think Soglin would be the most conservative choice for mayor. Her $40 wheel tax is to get everyone to use public transit and push a high speed rail agenda. No money for police, fire, or other needed city services, but let’s continue to waste taxpayer money on senseless shit. I don’t blame Koval for retiring, I would lose my shit if I had to go to work to 1. protect a city and its residents all while 2. fighting a liberal mayor and judges in city/county courts that let criminals walk with no consequences of their actions. Then she gets on TV pissing and moaning about strict gun control laws that in her pot-induced utopia will stop any and all crime.

I’m also not a fan of Fitzgerald and Vos, but right now these are the guys that will stop Gilligan from completely running this state into the ground.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I’ll get off the soapbox now.

Gunner
    Participant

This is the new promotional poster for the state’s road repair program:

Attachments:
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.