Welcome Forum The Lounge New guy

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just figured I’d pop in and say Hi. I’m obviously new around here so I figured I’d introduce myself.

My names Matt and I live in Central Wisconsin, I’m 19 years old and I have a 1994 Chevy Camaro 3.4L v6 (by no means a classic lol). I was supposed to leave for Army basic training June 15th but on June 10th I had to have my appendix out. I’m going back to school for my EMT license, firefighter certificate, and eventually Paramedic. I’m currently unemployed and have been looking for a job (I was fired the day before I enlisted in the reserves from my last job).

Once I get a job again, get my bills in order and such, I’m going to start putting money away to put an LT1 engine in my car along with a 6speed manual, new rear end, and all the goodies that go along with converting a v6 to a v8 lol.

I enjoy the great outdoors, and am an avid hunter and fisherman. I of course enjoy working on vehicles and the such. I also build computers (but mainly only when I need it lol).

That’s a tidbit about me.. see ya all around on the forums!

Matt

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Hi Matt! Welcome! Sounds like you’ve had a rough few weeks lately! Let’s hope the rest of the summer goes better!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sure have.. sometimes life deals ya a crap hand.. well in my case I think i was dealt a crap hand and the dealer fell asleep lol.

I see under your avatar it has a 1969 Chevelle.. that yours??? My dream car is a Chevelle SS hehe. If you do have that you got any pictures?

circletrack
    Participant

im002610wz9.jpg

Yes, that would be my ride! This is earlier this year after a long weekend at Automotion in WI Dells! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome Matt!

Circletrack has one of the nicest Chevelles ever! She is a frequent class winner and/or Best Paint award winner at the car shows in this part of the state!

Hope the remainder of the summer works out better for you and hang in there. We can always use another Firefighter, Paramedic, all around Good Guy

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the welcome.

Circle… VERY nice car *drools* give me a couple min to pick my jaw up off the floor lol.

Amigo2k

Did camero’s ever come with LT1’s?

If it did, it is typically cheaper to sell your currenty ride and buy one with one already in it.

GTO Man

Welcome Matt. Hope you have better luck the rest of the summer. Sounds like a nice car you have.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum Matt, glad to have you here! I hope your recovery continues to go well. Hopefully you will be able to bring your Camaro to a few shows yet this season. How long have you owned it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome Matt! So, are the plans for the Army out the window now?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Welcome Matt! So, are the plans for the Army out the window now?

Well considering it’s the second time I had to go through medical discharge, right now I really don’t have plans on re-enlisting. First time was a er… ‘car’ accident… it was actually more of being ejected out of the back of a pickup truck going 65-70mph… yes it hurt lol.

Quote:
    Did camero’s ever come with LT1’s?

If it did, it is typically cheaper to sell your currenty ride and buy one with one already in it.

Yes… 1993-1998 I believe.. don’t quote me on that.. maybe 1997.

I would but if I put an LT1 in it.. and it doesn’t have any z28 badges.. then it still looks like a V6.. i want the ‘sleeper’ factor, of people thinking it’s slow. Also it’s MY car lol. The first nice vehicle that I’ve ever had, and I love the thing to death. Interior is very clean (except for a tear in the back of the drivers seat, but it has seat covers on so you can’t see it anyways), and I don’t want to have to kick myself for selling it later on. Also I still have the loan through the bank so I can’t sell it until it’s actually paid for lol.

Quote:
    Welcome to the forum Matt, glad to have you here! I hope your recovery continues to go well. Hopefully you will be able to bring your Camaro to a few shows yet this season. How long have you owned it?

Lol won’t be takin it to any shows until I have the engine and tranny swap done, mod’s done, and possibly repainted. Don’t know yet though. There’s a patch of clear coat on the front bumper that’s gone (previous owner had a bra on it.. *shudders* i hate those things) so I’m going to atleast redo that.. but the hood could use to be repainted, and there’s other little scratches on it that could be taken care of. But I’m going to get the mechanical stuff done first.. power before beauty lol.

And I’ve only had it for… maybe 2 1/2 months now. Which most of those I actually DIDNT have it because the clutch had gone out the same night that my appendix started acting up.. I was going to do it myself once i healed up but my dad went and had it towed to a crappy mechanic shop and it sat there for 5 WEEKS…. he then had a buddy of his do it and it was done in 3 days (the guy works full time plus has other obligations so 3 days was damn fast lol).

hpdog259962
    Participant

What’s happening?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Which most of those I actually DIDNT have it because the clutch had gone out the same night that my appendix started acting up.. I was going to do it myself once i healed up but my dad went and had it towed to a crappy mechanic shop and it sat there for 5 WEEKS…. he then had a buddy of his do it and it was done in 3 days (the guy works full time plus has other obligations so 3 days was damn fast lol)

Perfect timing BangHead.gif

It sounds like you know exactly what you need to do, are you planning on working on it gradually over the winter months?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    What’s happening?

I am here.. that is all. lol

Quote:
    Quote:
    Which most of those I actually DIDNT have it because the clutch had gone out the same night that my appendix started acting up.. I was going to do it myself once i healed up but my dad went and had it towed to a crappy mechanic shop and it sat there for 5 WEEKS…. he then had a buddy of his do it and it was done in 3 days (the guy works full time plus has other obligations so 3 days was damn fast lol)

Perfect timing BangHead.gif

It sounds like you know exactly what you need to do, are you planning on working on it gradually over the winter months?

Yea going to probably ask my mom if I can rent out half of her garage since they don’t use it anyways. Put a heater in there and work on it over the winter. I’d LIKE to have it done by spring or atleast early summer.. but we’ll see.

GTO Man

Matt, how is work on the car coming?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to wcc Matt. If you get firefighting and paramedics experience, I know who to call if I have a mishap in my little garage. Good luck with your project.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.