Welcome Forum The Drag Strip New Site & Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been working on the new site which was set to debut in January 2009, however the new forum is quite excellent and so in order to keep from losing new posts on the old forum, I’ve decided to switch over to the new one early. If you have any trouble logging in please contact us and we’ll get you fixed asap. One thing you will need to do unfortunately is re-add your avatar image, which can be done here. What you see here is the new site, but it is as yet incomplete so if there’s a feature here that is missing just use the main site for now.

Let me know what you think!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

So far I like it! Thanks again for all your hard work! :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks Rachael!

For anyone looking to change or add their avatar, I’ve added all the avatars from the old forum to this page so you can right click on yours and click “save image as” to upload it to the new forum if you want:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/downloads/avatars/

moparkid25
    Participant

Its like a new pair of underwear, different at first but you get used to it :laugh:

I like it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    Its like a new pair of underwear, different at first but you get used to it :laugh:

I like it!

I could not have said it better!

It will take some getting used to, but you can teach us old dogs some new tricks.:ohmy:

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Glad to hear its a hit! Does it seem any faster at all? I have not done the full optimization yet but just curious to see if this bit has helped!

Anonymous
    Inactive

seems much better.

Nice layout, fast, easy to read.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

lilwillie wrote:

Quote:
    seems much better.

Nice layout, fast, easy to read.

Fantastic, thanks for the feedback!

I’ve found a cool new feature of the board, if you’re thinking of posting an ebay link, instead of just posting the link, copy the Item ID of the auction (located at the top right-hand corner) and put that in your post. Then select it and click the eBay button. The result is pretty cool, for instance using Item ID 310087270379, you get:

[ebay]310087270379[/ebay]

RivFan
    Participant

Looks good Garibaldi!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Everyone its Garibaldi on the test account. I just wanted to let you know that you can embed videos too! Lets say you want to post a Youtube video. What you do is copy the link to the video, and just paste it into a topic. The result is something cool like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

The link I used was

RivFan
    Participant

All I can say is you picked an “interesting” choice for your youtube example Garibaldi. I like the technology upgrade, but WOW – that video is really something…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Oh yes indeed. Did you know that he “rick rolled” the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Also you may enjoy this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geSQeEP2XZk

And:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/b0bg0d/2299127708/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Boards are looking good.

Things seem a little slow for me? But maybe it’s just my connection today.

I’ll keep an eye on things and let you know.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Let me know if it is still slow for you in the future. All the optimizations aren’t done yet so hopefully that’ll make it even better once done! :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn, this is Sweet…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Good to see you Bodyslide, anything new?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.