Welcome Forum The Lounge Newbie on board!

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Hello there. My name is Ryan and I own a 1958 VW beetle:
    bug.jpg

I bought it about 1.5 years ago (in its current state) and took it to a couple of shows and won a couple of awards. Its not really a show car (the paint is a bit rough) but turns a lot of heads, and I have heard many beetle stories from others at shows the gas station and even the DMV from the person getting me my plates.

My question to all in the Madison area, is where are all the Madison area car shows? It seems that there are very few of them.

-Ryan

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Welcome, nice looking Beetle. There are alot of area car shows but very few in Madison itself. In fact about the only one I can think of within the city limits is the one at Don Miller on Odana road. I do believe Zimbrick may have one for Buick’s only. It is slim pickens within the city limits.

circletrack
    Participant

Hi Ryan! Welcome! There aren’t many shows in Madison ~ Klassic Kruisers held one at the VFW near the airport but have discontinued that also. Some dealerships hold events, but not many. Most shows are outside of Madison, but still close by.

There are a few cruise nights in/around Madison that are fun to attend. The Road Apples hold one every Tuesday starting May 16 at Culver’s East Towne. We have a few VW’s that join us, you are more than welcome to join us!

Nice looking car!

Amigo2k

I hit up the Don Miller one last year and took first for Best Foreign Car (well there were only 2 of us there …).

I’m planning on hitting a couple of the Culver tuesday night meet and greets this year. I enjoyed the ones the WOLX had at the Steak and Lube in Middleton (like like the cruise part) last year.

As long as we have decent weather I’ll probably be there on the 16th.

-Ryan

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome Ryan!! Nice beetle!! Great to have another guy from Madison on the forum! icon_headbang.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

Hi Ryan. wave.gif Reminds me of the 64 Beetle I had 30 years ago.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Hey Ryan,

My dad had a 64 Beetle & a 57 Bettle a LONG time ago.

FYI: WICC will hopefully have a car show this year in Union, ILL (a bit far from madison, but nothing terrible)

For more info see: http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2218

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice clean beetle, Ryan sunny.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ryan,

The Verona Show is coming up this weekend on Sunday. It’s just a stones throw from Fitchburg, and there were lots of imports last year. You could do very well at this show. It will be at the Fire Station with registration starting at 8AM

Marshall

Amigo2k

Sounds good. I’ll be there!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ll be out of town and out of attendance at the local shows this weekend crybaby2.gif

Hopefully I can catch up with pictures and reports when I get back. Hopefully the weather will cooperate Saturday and Sunday

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.