Welcome Forum The Lounge Next Stop: Atlanta

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well a change of scenery is in order for me. I recently accepted a position with another company and I am off to the races. I have been given a one year project management assignment in Atlanta, GA and I will be leaving for the Peach state this Monday. I was going to pass on the offer but the compensation was too good to pass up.

The place where I will be working and living in is excellent and the company will be covering my expenses and airfare in addition to a few other enticements. It was an offer I couldn’t refuse. icon_cheesygrin.gif

So it will be the same ‘ol Mike but from a different location and it will be the first time I have ever traveled job wise that is for an extended period. This will be fun and interesting.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Good to hear that we won’t be loosing you! Sounds like an interesting new position to try, a change of scenery can really be nice! Have fun! jumpy.gif thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

After what I saw today, I think it’s time to scoot.

I was at a local Fry’s Electronics and parked in the front row was this late 70’s/ early 80’s Buick station wagon, a big one. Now the owner went crazy with it, what it had was:

A purple paint job in Barney purple

Lowered, with huge chrome wheels and a set of the trademark Buick fender head extractor holes that is found in the newer models. I guess he wanted this “modern” look in his 25 year old station wagon.

Now here’s the kicker, placed atop the hood and mounted prominately was a huge pair of Longhorns! Longhorns I tell ya. Seemed like it was a cross of the ricer scene meeting the 70’s and was quite horrific.

After seeing that, it’s my cue to leave. I know we joke about steers and queers in Texas but now I have to question. icon_cheesygrin.gif

GTO Man

Congratulations Mike on the new job assignment. I know when I have taken different positions it always renews my enthusiasm. That station wagon does sound over the edge. Atlanta is a nice city, haven’t lived there but have been through it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    After what I saw today, I think it’s time to scoot.

I was at a local Fry’s Electronics and parked in the front row was this late 70’s/ early 80’s Buick station wagon, a big one. Now the owner went crazy with it, what it had was:

A purple paint job in Barney purple

Lowered, with huge chrome wheels and a set of the trademark Buick fender head extractor holes that is found in the newer models. I guess he wanted this “modern” look in his 25 year old station wagon.

Now here’s the kicker, placed atop the hood and mounted prominately was a huge pair of Longhorns! Longhorns I tell ya. Seemed like it was a cross of the ricer scene meeting the 70’s and was quite horrific.

After seeing that, it’s my cue to leave. I know we joke about steers and queers in Texas but now I have to question. icon_cheesygrin.gif

:haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike
    Good luck and stay Safe Im sure you will do well . Most of all ENJOY . Keep in touch we will keep a lite on for ya . icon_wink.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yes we will! :salut:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys, I really appreicate the support you’re giving me. It’s a cross between an uncertain yet exciting time. I’m trying to cover all the bases to make sure I have everything for the brief transfer and I have to go through the barrier of finding my way around a new city.

I’m already on nerves because I will be sending two laptop computers through the xray machine tomorrow. One is my personal and the other is the company’s. I hope everything goes smoothly. I’m excited for the opportunity and challenged with the opportunity to do well, something I thrive on. The past two years in Houston have been very rocky in terms of employment for me. Four companys in two years due to the economic situations of the companys I have worked for during the period. I hold a very strong faith and I kept telling myself that the chief upstairs is putting me through these tests to prepare me for something great and rewarding. Maybe this is it.

A different place will always change a person and I know that at the conclusion of this assignment, I will change and hold a new prespective. What that perspective is will be anybody’s guess but it will be an interesting journey to get there.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

You’ve got a good outlook Mike, and I too hope this is a change for the better. One thing about those laptops though, make sure you clear out the caches and temp files before you send them through the xray machines or they will set off an alarm because the Wisconsin Collector Car pages are in your temporary internet files. The warning will be something like: “WARNING!! HOT CARS!!! WARNING!!! MAY CAUSE USER TO BECOME CAR CRAZY! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Hope it goes well! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t believe everything Baldi says!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Good luck Mike. :D

You can’t imagine how long this post was before I edited it!!!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Don’t believe everything Baldi says!!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Good luck Mike. :D

You can’t imagine how long this post was before I edited it!!!

Yep, j/k! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Good Luck in GA.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mike. let me know when you get in Atlanta. Maybe we can do lunch or something.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Mike. let me know when you get in Atlanta. Maybe we can do lunch or something.

How’s the moving going Mike?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

Well I’m settling in at Alpharetta, I arrived on the 13th and have taken in the local sights and scene ever since. Last weekend I visited Underground Atlanta as well as the Coke museum. Today I went to Turner Field to take in a Braves game. The folks in the area are much friendlier than what I am use to in Houston. People actually say hi to you on the jogging trails. icon_cheesygrin.gif

The jogging has been my biggest challenge. I coming from a town that is at sea level to a town that is about 4,700 ft about sea level. Makes for a very challenging run.

I really like my surroundings and I think the change of scenery will do a world of good for me, I’m really glad to be here.

Bodyslide: Let me know when you want to meet up. There’s plenty of neat places to eat around here. thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’re really enjoying yourself, great!!! jumpy.gif I understand exactly what you’re talking about with the altitude change, it makes a world of difference. I’ve vacationed in Breckenride, Colorado several times and the elevation there is well over 9,000 ft. Once you start hiking you rise up even more, and it gets very difficult to maintain a steady pace when you’re not acclimated.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.