Welcome Forum The Lounge Online Scams????

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone else out there have to deal with the spoofs and scams from eBay or Paypal on a weekly basis besides me?

It seems that every week I receive several emails appearing to come from eBay or Paypal advising me that my account has been compromised or I am being billed for a Rolex watch or ??????

I am diligent about forwarding these on to Ebay and to PayPal, but I am really starting to get weary and wornout. What, if anything, can I do to stop this nonsense?

Marshall

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve heard of people getting an email saying their account has been hacked into, and that they should log into it. Then the hacker (who actually sent this email) can get control of their email account, not good. I’m not sure what to recommend, are you a big ebay user?

circletrack
    Participant

Never fear, I get those emails also along with many others advertising just about anything I might ever need ~ NOT! I usually delete them, I used to report them to Ebay and Paypal, but didn’t think they were getting much attention. It’s amazing how big that delete key can become, LOL! I also invested in a good spam killer, I use Qurb, it takes most of them away before I ever see them.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Another thing you might want to invest in Marshall is a nice Gmail Account. I have one for Wisconsin Collector Car, and it filters almost all the junk out automatically into a seperate folder that I don’t have to look at. Very handy

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have had a lot in the last 4 months they are awful . And they have seemed to bring a lot of SPAM with them too,

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    i have had a lot in the last 4 months they are awful . And they have seemed to bring a lot of SPAM with them too,

Glad to see you on again! What email client do you use?

GTO Man

Imy ISP is geat about filtering. I rarely recieve any unwanted email. And I didn’t do anything special when I signed up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Trouble with filters is the better they work the more potential ther is for something you want to get filtered.

I only use the word filters in OE, if you set them up correctly they’ll collect most of the spam.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Imy ISP is geat about filtering. I rarely recieve any unwanted email. And I didn’t do anything special when I signed up.

Same here

Anonymous
    Inactive

i used wanadoo and a sqirell e-mail . Even if i add them to a blocked list they just keep on comming.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    i used wanadoo and a sqirell e-mail . Even if i add them to a blocked list they just keep on comming.

BTW did you know that you can now log into your Wisconsin Collector Car Email right on the frontpage – http://www.wiscollectorcar.com ? Just FYI

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get spam & Phish all the time. I’ve also had my eMail address imitated to send out spam. And a buddy of mine had his account stolen. Someone hacked in, changed the password, and he couldn’t logon. We both had to call our ISPs and get new accounts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get all kinds of crap, just got this one:

Quote:
    Dear user of Coaldelivery.com,

Your e-mail account will be disabled because of improper using in next
    three days, if you are still wishing to use it, please, resign your
    account information.

Advanced details can be found in attached file.

Best wishes,
    The Coaldelivery.com team http://www.coaldelivery.com

:bs: The atttachment is a virus, reply address is management@coaldelivery.com

I just added a webmaster@40lbhead.com, that sites been up for about 8 years now and you would not believe the amount of returned email that account gets. Most of the email is directed at simple names like tom@40lbhead.com etc. All had attached viruses.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I have a service here on this site where if I create an email address called “catch-all@wiscollectorcar.com” any junk email will go there, and there would be a ton! I guess I’ve been fairly lucky so far, not too much junk mail

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.