Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Open Invitation/Open House @ Blue Chip Street Rods

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For those who don’t read the daily paper, Blue Chip Street Rod shop is having their annual Open House this coming Saturday from 8AM through 5PM, in conjunction with their “take-in” of collector cars for winter storage.

I went out last year and Dave, Kerry and staff were very welcoming, friendly and personable. It’s fun to walk through the shop and look at the projects that are currently being worked on.

Refreshments will be provided.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Sounds like a good time, seems like a long time already since the show season ended.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve enjoyed this event in past years because its an easy way to check out some “in progress” restorations and get a preview of what might be showing up at upcoming shows!

GTO Man

Marshall

Did you make it to an open house?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I did go. I met my car pal Dick Lehnherr and we hung out with Dave and Kerry at Blue Chip for a couple of hours.

We ran into Bruce and Kathy Stewart and checked out their new street rod being built at Blue Chip. They are having a 40 Willys Coupe built, which is scheduled to be unveiled at Automation 2010. This car is going to be one sweet ride when its done!

We spend alot of time looking at a vintage corvette that had been keyed and badly vandalized on election day and was in for repair and replacement. The estimate was 40K for repairs.

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    We spend alot of time looking at a vintage corvette that had been keyed and badly vandalized on election day and was in for repair and replacement. The estimate was 40K for repairs.

Republicans??? icon_cheesygrin.gif

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Quote:
    Republicans??? icon_cheesygrin.gif

The vandals or car owners? Shouldn’t make a difference anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t really know if it was politically motivated or not? The victim (owner of the car) is a prominent businessman here in town, and the car was just freshly restored this year, and was done to Bloomington Gold standards.
    I don’t know what possessed this guy to have the car parked outside on election day. I believe it was either in his driveway or in front of his house when the vandalism occurred.

I can tell you that every panel on the car was keyed, the chrome bumpers were both keyed, the top was cut on both sides and one of the hubcaps (NOS replacement is $1200 for one!) was kicked in.

Marshall

GTO Man

There are allot of people who are jealous if someone has something that they don’t. It’s too bad they weren’t caught.

circletrack
    Participant

Wow Marshall ~ that’s more than vandalism, that’s a pure crime against the person. It almost sounds like some sort of revenge? Why would you go that far? Hopefully they can get all the parts to fix it and more importantly there is good insurance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The owner of the Corvette has the car insured with Hagerty. It will be interesting to see if Hagerty pays what Blue Chip bills (the full amount) to make the car correct, or ??????

Circletrack is right – this goes well beyond vandalism or something that a kid or a group of kids would likely do. It looks to me like payback or revenge. I guess what is most tragic is that with no leads, there is nothing for the police to investigate.

GTO Man

I have Hagerty and have been happy with them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dave (Larson) is the former proprietor of Capitol Corvette.

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    Dave (Larson) is the former proprietor of Capitol Corvette.

And why do you feel that this is important? Everyone here knows the past with Dave Larson and issues that took place with Capital Corvette. It sucked for many people, but it is past and the people involved did time for their involvement and (according to the law) paid the price. Let it go. We all make mistakes and do things that aren’t right (though usually not at that level). Dave has always been good to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    And why do you feel that this is important? Everyone here knows the past with Dave Larson and issues that took place with Capital Corvette. It sucked for many people, but it is past and the people involved did time for their involvement and (according to the law) paid the price. Let it go. We all make mistakes and do things that aren’t right (though usually not at that level). Dave has always been good to me.

My sentiments, exactly. Thanks, jonmandude, for stepping up and saying what needs to be said. Dave, Kerry, and the staff at Blue Chip have been helping, encouraging, and willing to assist me in the restoration of my car. I see them occasionally at the bigger shows, I visit with them at their shop, and I am pleased with their work. I am a customer and supporter of Blue Chip Street Rods.

I think that most of us (the collector car community) has put this behind us, and we have moved on.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your positive replies.

Frankly, I’m glad to hear what you had to say.

I’m contemplating sending some business Dave’s way and you’ve helped me with my
    decision.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.