Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Original car or retro vehicle???

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Original or Retro???

Would you rather have an original vehicle or a new retro vehicle?

Two examples are the T-bird and the new Mustang.

I would buy the original T-Bird instead of the new retro T-Bird.
    The original will hold its value.

My opinion of the Mustang is totally different. After seeing the
    new Mustang I don’t even want the original. I love the new one
    and think it looks great, but it looks so much like the old Mustang
    that the old one isn’t worth as much anymore, in my opinion.

What I mean is, Ford has built such a beautiful new ‘replica’ that I wouldn’t be interested in an original.

By the way, I had a ’67 many decades ago!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I voted original, I think the originals, although not as advanced technologically wise, still have better styling than the new ones, but I will give Ford credit on the new Mustang, which is great. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im an old car buff , but I have to say the new Mustangs are hot . Being a builder I sometimes get to appreciate lines more than anything else. Im not so concerned with drive trains and such . Not that I wouldnt like the sound of a cammy V8 that reacks compression and a good low thumping exhaust notes but shape and style catches my attention. :D

GTO Man

I like the originals, it is a challenge to keep them as original as possible.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I like the originals, it is a challenge to keep them as original as possible.

And it gets more difficult as the years go on and the parts get rarer. I think that is a very unique challange and part of the hobby that really is satisfying – being able to find something that rare.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.