Welcome Forum Rants Overdue Apology

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

To the members of this forum:

I owe an apology to those of you who have had to read posts made by myself in a recent thread.

-Members: In no way is animosity between myself and another member of the forum the business of anyone else, nor do would you want to be involved. Though it was not myself who made the matter public with antagonistic antics and posts, I am guilty of airing dirty laundry in front of you.

-John and Mickie Christianson: I name-dropped you while agruing with fordasaki in a forum thread. You had nothing to do with our disagreement. You are not members of this forum, and this too was not your business, but I do hope you see this when [strike]lurking around [/strike]reading threads. We don’t see eye-to-eye as it is, but it isn’t up to me to make matters worse.

-Fordasaki: what goes around comes around.

This has been a volatile summer on this forum. From people not liking the rate the shows, to arguements, to members posting false info on the calendar. I do hope the cold season settles some of your tempers and many of the upset ones can move on and realize every opinion is valued on this forum whether its agreed with or not. A forum is based on opine’s of all different scenario’s. Being on an internet forum you will encounter people who you don’t agree with and people who don’t agree with you. Take it with a grain of salt, because karma exists and it is a b*tch. The mods have had there hands full, more than they should be. Some are too sensitive while others aren’t sensitive enough. An identity on this forum is an alter ego of some, while its an extension of one’s personality for others.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This thing got off on the wrong foot. I will not question remarks made in your apology, but give you much credit for the respect you are giving to the members of the forum and others. While we still disagree, I will admit you are a man with much passion for the hobby we both so clearly love. I bear no ill will to you and others involved in last night’s melee.To the administrator, Thank You for providing us with such a top notch forum, and my public apologies to you also.Moparkid25, while we are not on the same page, thank you for your loyalty to the forum, as well as the sport.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I typed a response to this a few minutes ago. It never showed up so I will try to duplicate.Moparkid25, I respect your apology to the forum and others. You and I got off on the wrong foot, and it is clear you still have issues with me, it will serve no purpose to go into it any further. I appreciate the passion you have for our hobby and should be commeneded for it. I have no ill will towards you or anyone else who chose to to participate in last nights melee. I publicly would also like to apologize to the administrator for my actions, and can guarantee this will never come from me again.Please excuse me again. Moparkid25, I hope we can pass each other on the street someday and not have it turn into a train wreck. Keep up the good work you do for the car hobby.

circletrack
    Participant

Very well said Zac….

circletrack
    Participant

Very well said Zac…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

A note to everyone – posts will not show up in this topic until a moderator approves them because this is the “rant” section of the board.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If its a “rant” section why does it need approval? I dont think you understand the meaning of a rant section or smackdown sections.

Its a forum and its the interweb. So what. You block topics too quickly so it boils over onto other threads. Too many thin skins. This forum is becoming too apologetic for no reason.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    If its a “rant” section why does it need approval? I dont think you understand the meaning of a rant section or smackdown sections.

The Rant Section needs approval because although it is a place for users to rant, they still must follow Forum Rules. It is more likely for someone to get carried away and post something that violates the rules when in “rant mode”. If you feel the Rant Section provided on Wisconsin Collector Car is not “loose” enough for a post, please make it on another site which is set up for that type of content.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Like i had to explain to you in the PM, its not about the rant section being too “loose” as you put it. Its about you censoring my mine, and others post when they in fact DO NOT violate any rules put forth by the mods! You never explained where the violation in my post occurs. You just took it upon yourself to not post it for whatever reasons.

If the posts do not violate any rules, then leave them alone.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What I have found in past situations is that sometimes people will post something on the forum which is really intended as a private message between a couple people. When I read your post, it seemed like you were directing a question at the administrators of the site. Because of this, I answered your question via PM.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.