Welcome Forum Car Shows Pardeeville

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How would you rate the Pardeeville show today? Remember to rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Yup, I followed the 30 other cars that were pulling in at 8:30 I left during the throphy presentation so I zipped right out.
    Parking Location – I was right by the lake, with a nice shade tree. I found the other cars by the lake to be a bit of a hodge podge. Maybe they need to take that area and mark off spots the day before?
    Class Organization – I thought it was pretty good, it was cool that they had a class for bikes
    Trophies & Prizes – Door prizes were so so, no 50/50 raffle, and some of the door prizes were gift cert for buinesses in Pardeeville. The Trophies ran a bit late (I took off right as it was starting)
    Food – A+! Grilled corn, burgers, brats, dogs, and even pie with ice cream and donuts and coffee in the morning.
    Entertainment – DJ, some lady that sang and a barbershop quartet. The DJ lady was Crazy F’ing loud and constantly was talking
    Judging – yup they did.
    Dash Plaque – yup they had them. I don’t understand the point of them.
    Variety of Cars – nice mix of old and newer
    Bathrooms – 4 portajohn’s. Seemed like enough to me
    Weather – prefect
    Trophy Presentation Timing – i think they were about 20 minutes or so late, but they had a lot more cars then last year.
    Entry Fee – 10 to judge, 5 to show. Fair to me
    Overall Rating:A

It was a good show and I would like to attend next year. My 2 suggestions is maybe paint some lines for where they want cars by the lake, and either turn down the mike on the DJ or find a better place for the speakers (I think I saw a 100 people walk by my car with their fingers in their ears)

circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Chandler Park is very easy to find, it was well marked.
    Parking Location – We had to be there by 7:45 for judging purposes and I was one parked by the Lake. I liked it, but felt I was going in the lake more often than not. I wouldn’t park that close next year. They knew they were going to have over 300 cars and wanted to get as many in as they could, leaving emergency space.
    Class Organization – Good, although it would be nice to have all the classes together.
    Trophies & Prizes – The trophies were nice, the raffle items and door prizes a bit on the light side. A 50/50 raffle would work out great. This organization is big on donations.
    Food – Great! You can’t go wrong with the selection they had!
    Entertainment – I’m not a fan of that DJ company from Dixon. More often than not, I find everyone involved likes to hear themselves talk than anything else. The music was too loud and when she played it, not enough.
    Judging – Local judges, they did a good job.
    Dash Plaque – Nice, next year they might want to bump it up a bit, they only gave to the first 150 and those were gone within the first hour or so.
    Variety of Cars – Great! I always enjoy getting to shows outside the Madison area, you see so many more.
    Bathrooms – No problems.
    Weather – Can it get any better! Super!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – They had issues with the sound system and felt bad about it, things happen. They moved quickly once they got started. It was very thoughtful and touching to mention Karen with the Blue Corvette and her cancer battle.
    Entry Fee – Fair, pretty even no matter where you go.
    Overall Rating:A

Vicky, her husband and everyone involved works very hard to make this show a success! She asked more than once today what improvements need to be made and what you would like to see in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact them with anything you didn’t like, or loved!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Very easy to Find, I found it bit difficult to depart but with the number cars they had it was okay.
    Parking Location – Nice location along the lake, some of the spots were pretty tight.
    Class Organization – I would have liked to see the classes a bit more specific. Viper, Corvettes etc. All two seaters should be in same class.
    Trophies & Prizes – Trophies were nice the door prizes a bit light.
    Food – Very good
    Entertainment – A great deal of room for improvement.
    Judging – I thought the judging was done very well
    Dash Plaque – I liked the dash plaques.
    Variety of Cars – A very nice selection of old,new and imports.
    Bathrooms – Adequate
    Weather – Perfect
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Good, considering the number of cars and the small problem they had.
    Entry Fee – In line with other shows
    Overall Rating:B+

One concern I would like to mention was the lack of EMS personnel. I know of one occurance that someone had to leave for a health concern.
    The road was blocked and no EMS personnel on site. Fortunately, they were able to get out the back way but it took extra time. When you have a show this large, the need for EMS or easy access for EMS to reach every
    part of the show site is absolutely essential to the safety of everyone.

Was this show sponsored by the local church?

circletrack
    Participant

For those that don’t know one of the purposes of Jim & Vicky’s show, here is more information….

http://www.pardeevillecarshow.com/faq.cfm

Also, they did try to leave open areas for emergencies and such, but some parked in areas they shouldn’t. We didn’t have any problems leaving after the trophy presentation was over, everyone left in a timely manner. If you have to leave early with that many cars, you should expect issues.

I could be wrong, but according to the class sheet, all two seaters were supposed to be in Class O. I know when we drove in we were told what class we were to be in, no choices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are probably right about the classes, however, there were many two seaters that were not in the Class O. They may have tried to leave areas open for emergencies. But there were none when the elderly lady became ill, no way to expedite her exit. If the situation would have become more serious a real problem would have occurred. I am not talking about someone leaving early because they wanted to. I talking about a situation where the need to leave was a necessity. I am not being critical of the organizers just expressing a possible problem.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A – Very easy to find and had no problem leaving after the trophies were given out
    Parking Location – A – A great location along the lake, extending into the baseball field as necessary
    Class Organization – B – The classes weren’t all together, which I suppose is hard to do with that many cars and if they’re unsure of how many to expect in each class. Also there seemed to be 5 classes for trucks, which seems to be a bit excessive
    Trophies & Prizes – A – Lots of large trophies as well as door prizes throughout the day
    Food – A+ – Definitely a wide variety of food – corn, brats, burgers, pie. They even had whole pies for sale for $5 after the trophy presentation. It was in a convenient spot in the middle of the show as well!!
    Entertainment – C – I don’t much care for that particular dj. The music was okay but it was hard to hear at times
    Judging – A – The judges seemed thorough and efficient
    Dash Plaque – B – I think they should have had more, maybe 200
    Variety of Cars – A+ – a very wide variety
    Bathrooms – B – Although there were quite a few, they were all clustered together and not spread out over the area of the show.
    Weather – A+! Just a perfect day
    Trophy Presentation Timing – They didn’t begin right at 3 like they said but that was due to sound problems, which are understandable
    Entry Fee – A – a standard fee
    Overall Rating:A+

This was really one of the best shows of the year, you couldn’t have asked for a better combination of cars, people, and food! Great job! icon_punk.gif

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) The show was well marked and easy to find, better than most. A
    Parking Location – Nice locations especially the earlier you get there. The baseball field was fine, especially with a canopy. B+
    Class Organization – Could of been better, more specialized. Class C with 48 cars was too large. C
    Trophies & Prizes Nice trophies, don’t know about the door prizes. B
    Food – Good selection A-
    Entertainment DJ played some loud music, uneven hearing. C
    Judging – Good – A – Alot of cars to get done in a timely manner.
    Dash Plaque – N/A, didn’t receive one.
    Variety of Cars – One of the best varieties of the year. A
    Bathrooms – Plenty – A
    Weather – A
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B
    Entry Fee B – same as most shows
    Overall Rating: B+

Overall a very enjoyable, relaxing day.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.