Welcome Forum Car Shows Pardeeville Show opinions for an IA guy..(?)

• Creator
    Topic
    Blown69RS
    Participant

I know its still a few weeks away, but I’d like to get some thoughts on this show…… please.

I’ve read a lot of reviews on the September Pardeeville show,, both on this site and others. I even took a Saturday road trip up to their show grounds last November,,, just to check out some of the towns I’ve read about on this site.

I’d like to know some of the “regulars” opinion on this show for a long distance traveler… It’s definitely on the outer edge of what I usually drive for shows. On the plus side, I’m assuming I’d get to see a lot of cars that I haven’t seen before.

Would most of you consider this a worthwhile show, if you had an 8-hour / 400+ mile round-trip to attend? Will Pardeeville have a lot of overlap of cars that I see in Blanchardville/Janesville/Northern Illinois,,,, or is it a significantly different crowd up in that area?

Is it a show that you really need to arrive as early as possible for a good spot, or is that even a concern? I’ve always arrived early at Blanchardville, but with their arrangement of cars, I don’t think its all that necessary. Is Pardeeville like that, or are you off in the “boonies” away from the action if you get there late? Are they parked by class, or park wherever you can find a spot?

I’m assuming a Pro-Street class for me,,, any opinions on that type of car at that particular show?

On a side note, I’ve been told numerous times that Wisconsin “police” (locals? Highway patrol??), would definitely ticket me for a blower through the hood and wheelie bars…. is that legit, and I’ve just been lucky over the years,,, or is it just people’s assumption?? Heard this a LOT at Blanchardville this year.

Damn.. Just re-read this,,, a lot of questions, sorry. Thanks very much for any opinions you’re willing to share,,
    Russ

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Hi Russ, Pardeeville is a very popular show, averaging around 400-500+ cars… They do not park anyone by class, but it’s pretty important you get there early to get a good spot around the park, otherwise you will be parked on the baseball diamond, which isn’t bad when it’s a nice day, but when it’s hot – no thanks.

My husband and I have judged the pro street class the last few years and while there isn’t a ton of cars, it’s a fairly competitive class. There are cars from the area, but I also know they pull in cars from the surrounding states, you see a bit of everything.

Are you planning on trailering your car to the nearest town, or what are your thoughts? You should be fine around Pardeeville, but I wouldn’t push it anywhere else.

It’s a great show, I highly recommend it.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Blown69RS
    Participant

Thanks for the comments… I’m still not sure on going, only because of the distance, and my wife’s “non-interest” in the long ride time in the car. Everything I see about the show is very much on the “positive” side.

Hopefully, I’ll go this year,, or worst case, I’ll make it next year.

No trailer…. Car is driven to all the shows. Much more fun that way…

Is there a lot of foot-traffic at the show (non-participant spectators)??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Russ-

I am a “regular” at the Pardeeville show, having attended the past eight years. I compete in a factory stock class. Every year, this show gets better and better.

This show is a “must attend” show for me. It’s got everything going for it. It’s a judged show; it’s one of the larger shows of the year; it’s in a park setting with lots of shade available if you arrive early; the organizers and car show staff will make you feel like a member of the family at this show. The awards themselves are plentiful and very, very nice. Additional trophies are always awarded to the heavier populated classes. The organizers (Jim and Vicki Nelson) are always available to help and assist everyone. Being a first time attendee from out of the area, I am certain that Jim and/or Vicki will seek you out during the show, and make sure that everything is well with you.

I wouldn’t worry too much about Johnny Law, except when you get into the Blanchardville community itself. Don’t push the traffic lights and be sure to make full stops, and you’ll be fine. On car show day, Johnny Law lightens up early in the day (too many vehicles to keep up with). But, traffic enforcement is ramped up at the end of the day, leaving the Pardeeville show, with strict enforcement of moving violations.

If you can arrive around 8AM or earlier, you will get a good spot and will not be out in the boonies, or away from the action. There will be some overlap of cars from the Blanchardville Show and from the Automotion Show in Wisconsin Dells. But you will see cars from Northern and Central Wisconsin that you will not see at these other shows. Vehicles are not parked by class, and there is assistance in parking by the car show staff.

Pardeeville is a genuine quality show, so if you are able to attend, I would not miss this one.

Amigo2k

I think Pardeeville show draws cars from about a 75 miles radius (yes there will be a couple from Mn and IA and IL).

On nice day, you may see +500 cars … If you are not there by 10AM you will probably have to park in the baseball field. You park where you want.

Will there be some overlap? Yup, Janesville to Madison, you may see the same cars, but from Pardeeville north you probably haven’t seen them before.

I won’t be too concerned about your blower through the hood, but the wheel bars may be a concern? As long as you are not drawing attention I don’t think you will have an issue (just make sure you slow down through the po-dunk towns).

I think your best bet is to drive up Friday and get a hotel (the Super 8 in Portage is offering 15% off (~60 bucks for the night).

http://www.pardeevillecarshow.com/

Blown69RS
    Participant

Thanks again to everyone with the immediate replies….. I may have to do this one regardless, I’m sure I “might” be able to talk the wife into it…. if not, may attend solo.
    Russ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Russ-

Check out the link and attachment that Amigo2K provided in his post. Included are photos of the cars from last years show, as well as info and photos of everything else that is going on.

You can send me a PM if there are other questions or additional info that you need

moparkid25
    Participant

Its one of the best shows in WI, and you won’t be disappointed if you attend. I agree with Ryan, if I were you I would drive up the day before and stay in Portage, which is about 10 minutes from Pardeeville.

Get in the park early and get a shady spot. The competition is tough. If the weather cooperates, it will make for an awesome day.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.