Welcome Forum The Lounge Phishing expedition?

• Creator
    Topic
    montefrazer
    Participant

“Chase Bank” <support@chase.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
    To: sdfdsfsd@yahoo.com, khovatter@yahoo.com, whmccarty@yahoo.com, tracydalin@yahoo.com, disfrock-poison@yahoo.com, lynnsafritlmt@yahoo.com, bfyia@yahoo.com, pricedrmartins@yahoo.com, thelogancase@yahoo.com, jvp84pr@yahoo.com, montefrazer@yahoo.com, biltes1@yahoo.com
    Subject: Chase Bank Credit Card Holders Important Issue
    Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:14:03 +0300

Your online credit card account has high-risk activity status. We are contacting you to remind that on April 05 2006 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with Chase Bank User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.

Login to your limit account and restore online access:
    https://www.chase.com/asp/services/update.php?account313985

This notification is part of the All-Electronic Program you enrolled in to receive your activity report online.

Anyone else getting these bogus emails? I guess they can tell the future because on April 5, there will be unusual activity in my account. icon_scratch.gif I don’t have a Chase card and never signed up for an “All-Electric Program.” Even worse, this has been sent to me six different times over the last week with different subject headings but the same message. drool.gif Hope they give up soon.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

That has to be a scam, someone getting access ability into someone’s account. It doesn’t make much sense though if you don’t have a Chase card.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lately,

I have been receiving several of these a day, usually in regards to my paypal account. Also, I have received these from what appear to be major banks such as Chase, Capital One, Anchor Bank, etc.

They are all bogus. I used to forward the paypal spoof to paypal, but the more I forwarded, the more I received. So, now I simply delete them.

Marshall

montefrazer
    Participant

It’s a scam. Even less convincing than the IRS one I got a few weeks ago. Guess my email address is making the rounds of the spammers. BangHead.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

One common trick that you can always look for in these emails is the link that they have, it may be something like this:

http://www.amazon.com@stupidspammer.com/blah/intx.frp

They put the @ sign in there to actually direct it to their site, instead of what looks like the legit amazon.com

montefrazer
    Participant

Got it again. crybaby2.gif This time there WAS a problem on APRIL 6 instead of APRIL 5. w00t.gif Do you think they know what today’s date is?? These guys aren’t even good fortune tellers. Can’t keep the lies straight. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Got it again. crybaby2.gif This time there WAS a problem on APRIL 6 instead of APRIL 5. w00t.gif Do you think they know what today’s date is?? These guys aren’t even good fortune tellers. Can’t keep the lies straight. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well they’re obviously time-traveling businessmen from the future who have travelled back in time to protect your investments :haha:

montefrazer
    Participant

Well they’re obviously time-traveling businessmen from the future who have travelled back in time to protect your investments

Doc, t’s me Marty McFly jumpy.gif , I’m back from the future, your the only one help me.

montefrazer
    Participant

All right. I’ve won the Scandanavian Lottery. icon_headbang.gif Now I will be able to pay for any problems with my Chase credit card account had today. thumbsup.gif Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

I get tons of these. Good thing is that I can’t get fished, no credit card, no online anything. So they can’t get much from me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That happens to me all the time, mostly Paypal and ebay scams.
    Banks don’t send emails if there is a problem. They call on the phone, and rather quickly!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.