Welcome Forum Car Shows Pictures

• Creator
    Topic
    maddog
    Participant

Hey can someone tell me step by step how to post pictures? I have a bunch I took at the diffrent car shows I went to this year and I would like to share them with the group here.

Thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks, that would be great! Here are the steps:
    1. Send me a list of the shows you attended so I can create the albums on the photo gallery
    2. Resize your photos to be 1280×1024 or smaller; you can use this program to do it – http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
    3. Blur any obviously-visible license plates to protect the identity of the owners – you can do this in Paint in Windows (just brush over the license numbers and re-save)
    4. Visit the Photo Upload Page. Your browser will ask if you want to run the Java applet – you need to tell it yes, you want to run it. Once it runs you’ll see a button to Browse and select the photos. Then, you can select the album.

Alternatively, if you put them in a zip archive you can email them to us and we can upload them for you.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

Speaking of this i am starting to work on blurring out plates for shows and have pictures from the following shows in 2012 Albany, Ballweg (middleton), Barneveld (Botham Vineyards), Blanchardville, Blue River, Boscobel, Brookfield, Cobb, Deerfield, Delafield, Fennimore, Horicon, Janesville (Gordie Boucher), Jefferson, Lancaster, Lone Rock (Lone stop show), Lone Rock (July 3rd show), Mount Horeb (Springdale), Mt Carroll, Necedah (VFW), Oregon (Crohns Colitis), Oregon (O-town Showdown), Oregon IL, Platteville PPE (spring show), Richland Center (jones chevy show), Rome (lake arrowhead classic), Sauk City (Ballweg), South Wayne, Sun Prairie (cars in the park), and Whitewater (July 4th show)….due to issues with the photo uploader last year I still need folders for South Wayne and Oxford for the 2011 photo gallery. About 10000 photos total and I have much to go but it is slow at work so I have much time as well! Thanks

maddog
    Participant

Thanks, Ill get the plates blurred. As far as shows Luxuryliner has most of them with the exception of Spring Green Car show, and Edgertons Tobacco days show. :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Excellent! Keep queuing up the photos on your computers and I’ll get things ready on this end. We are actually almost out of free space on the server, so along with improving the photo gallery software in general (e.g. making it easier to upload photos), I’m also looking into options for hosting the photos off-site. Stay tuned ;)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m happy to announce that the new photo gallery is online and ready for you to upload photos. To do so, please PM me and request access to become a Photo Contributor (all users who have posted in this thread are already Photo Contributors). You can then go to Photos at the top and click on Add/Edit Photos to create new categories or upload photos to an existing category. When adding a new category, please take care to select the appropriate parent category (e.g. if I wanted to add photos from a show in 2004, I would select 2004 as the parent category). Please give shows a short but descriptive title.

Feel free to post any questions here, and thanks for adding photos to our car show library!

maddog
    Participant

Tried uploading some pictures but I kept getting errors. Also it seems it will only let me load them one at a time. Is the problem on my end or the site

GTO Man

I get an error about something being unpublished, we will get it fixed and let you know.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    maddog wrote:
    Tried uploading some pictures but I kept getting errors. Also it seems it will only let me load them one at a time. Is the problem on my end or the site

During the last day or so there was an issue with photo uploads due to a problem on the server, but I have since fixed it. Please give it a try again and I think it will work better now. I’ve created a page with instructions on how to upload photos:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/photos/help-adding-photos

If you run into problems, can you capture a screenshot of the problem to help diagnose? If you are using Windows 7 you can use the “Snipping Tool” from the Start Menu, or on Windows XP hit Print Screen and then paste the image in the Paint program.

Also, which Internet browser are you using? If it would only let you upload them one-at-a-time, that may mean that you are using an older version of Internet Explorer. For security reasons and to take advantage of newer features like uploading multiple pictures at once, we recommend that you consider using a different browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome:
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

maddog
    Participant

Thanks for the info on loading pictures; I in my own inept way was trying it differently and that is why I was getting the errors and was not able to load multiple pictures at a time. Following your short and simple directions made it a piece of cake and I was able to load the pictures I took from 2012 for everyone here to see.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

These look great! Thank you for adding them.

By chance, do you still have the dscn0247-340.jpg file from Waunakee 2012 on your computer? It looks like it was corrupted in relation that that problem I mentioned – could you upload it again?

maddog
    Participant

I tried looking for that file and it doesn’t exist, not by that tag anyhow. I have noticed that I no longer see any error codes when I come into the pictures area. Maybe it cleared up somehow.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I had deleted the entry in the database that corresponded to that missing file, so now all of the errors should be gone. Let me know if any others crop up :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.