Welcome Forum Car Shows Portage – Taste Of Portage

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How was the Taste Of Portage Car Show? We’re trying something new, you can use each of these categories to rate the show and leave comments, and then pick an overall rating (and vote for it at the top):
    Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee

Overall Rating:

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, I’ll bite. It looks like I was only one of a few who went to the Portage Show instead of Spring Green.

Parking – A – I like parking downtown around the square, on asphalt. There was plenty of space between cars and plenty of room behind the cars on the sidewalk for chairs and coolers.

Class Organization – C – Not enough classes for mainstream cars, but too many classes for trucks and corvettes and special interest vehicles and convertibles.

Trophies and Prizes – C – Not alot of door prizes, no 50/50 raffle. Trophies and Plaques for First Place, Plaques only for 2d place, No third place awards.

Food – A – Outstanding. I ate at Po Boys and had world class BBQ and hand cut French Fries. In my opinion, this is the best part of the show.

Entertainment – F – No DJ, No loudspeaker system. But a very heavy emphasis on Arts/Crafts, Etc.

Judging – Neutral. It was participant judged. I am OK with that.

Dash Plaques – B – Pretty nice, especially if you are a MOPAR fan!

Variety of Cars – A – Excellent, although total numbers are down from last year. This years show brought about 75 to 100 cars tops.

Bathrooms – A – All over the place!

Weather – B – Cloudy and overcast all day, looked like it could shower at any moment, but dry all day.

Trophy Presentation – A – Perfect, right on time.

Entry Fee – A – Again perfect at $6. After trophy presentation, there were additional drawings for 6 $10 door prizes for participants. Nice touch.

I did OK. I was in the 1964-1969 Stock Class, which was populated with alot of nice cars, including Ford, GM, MOPAR. I won Best In Class, Runner Up, which was totally unexpected. So, all in all, I was pretty happy with this show. I will/would return again, if for no other reason than the outstanding food offerings.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ We went to this show last year and loved the location also, but found a very heavy emphasis on the local crowd and Mopars. I have no problem with this, until it comes to award time when it’s very obvious within the classes.

Glad to hear you went.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.