Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Post your specs here!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This is the official thread for posting your performance specs of cars you currently own. Please give us a little history of the car too. :D

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man
    Quote:
    This is the official thread for posting your performance specs of cars you currently own. Please give us a little history of the car too. :D

Current cars – ’68 GTO with a 400 4 speed. Last summer had a complete valve job. Scheduled to get a new clutch in April. Each tank of unleaded premium I try to run through 4 to 5 gallons of racing fuel, Shell 110 octane. The engine responds like a cat going after catnip. Between 350 and 400 horsepower.

’69 GTX – 440 with a 6-pack. The 6-pack is 3 2 barrel carbs at 500 cfm each. It has a 4 speed and is a real animal on the road. Minimum of 390 horsepower.

’56 Thunderbird – 312 V8 with 225 horsepower.

Anonymous
    Inactive

2000 (W reg) Nissan Almera E in “Tornado Grey” (read: green). 1.5l four cylinder in-line. No modifications, just taken care of and serviced regularly. 0-62 in 13.8 secs, top speed 109mph. Comfortable inside, and one hell of a car for a student to own – not many people driving something that new, shiny, reliable… :)

The history of the car? Well, I came home one summer night when it was just twilight. Long, hard shift at Sainsbury’s – I was 15 or 16 at the time. Looking forward to a barbeque that night. Arrived and saw that car in the drive and saw it. I hated the colour, but it grew on me. Parents had bought it new from Nissan. I never thought that I’d end up owning it!

I started driving it a year and a half ago when I lost the use of my father’s company car. 10 days ago, I bought it from my parents for £2,800 – they were buying a new Primera. It had 48,000 miles on the clock.

That’s the history.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    2000 (W reg) Nissan Almera E in “Tornado Grey” (read: green). 1.5l four cylinder in-line. No modifications, just taken care of and serviced regularly. 0-62 in 13.8 secs, top speed 109mph. Comfortable inside, and one hell of a car for a student to own – not many people driving something that new, shiny, reliable… :)

The history of the car? Well, I came home one summer night when it was just twilight. Long, hard shift at Sainsbury’s – I was 15 or 16 at the time. Looking forward to a barbeque that night. Arrived and saw that car in the drive and saw it. I hated the colour, but it grew on me. Parents had bought it new from Nissan. I never thought that I’d end up owning it!

I started driving it a year and a half ago when I lost the use of my father’s company car. 10 days ago, I bought it from my parents for £2,800 – they were buying a new Primera. It had 48,000 miles on the clock.

That’s the history.

Wow! Very nice of your parents to buy a new car for you!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:

So what about your car?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a 1993 Trans Am. I bought it in 1996 with 35K miles. Since then it has recieved all the basic performance mods including ram air. Two years ago I installed a 480hp. stroker motor along with the upgraded pcm from a 95 F body. The list goes on and on but that sums it up. Now I am looking for my next toy, I want a 68 or 67 Firebird project car. I had a fairly nice 68 years ago and now I want another one.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have a 1993 Trans Am. I bought it in 1996 with 35K miles. Since then it has recieved all the basic performance mods including ram air. Two years ago I installed a 480hp. stroker motor along with the upgraded pcm from a 95 F body. The list goes on and on but that sums it up. Now I am looking for my next toy, I want a 68 or 67 Firebird project car. I had a fairly nice 68 years ago and now I want another one.

Ah trans ams are nice! Got any pics?

Quote:
    So what about your car?

Well I’d post the specs but I don’t own one right now so… I’m in the “saving for my dream car” phase w00t.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have lots of pics, just don’t know where to post them.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have lots of pics, just don’t know where to post them.

Well you’re in luck, we have free unlimited hosting of pics in the Photo Gallery, check it out!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s the engine specs……..

— 1970 4 bolt 350 block .030 over, deck untouched
    — All new Clevite mains, cam and rod bearings
    — Melling 70psi HV/HP oil pump
    — GM #3973370 64cc heads 1.94/1.50 (milled .010″ off, ported & polished)
    — 10.63:1 calculated compression ratio.
    — Manley swirl polished valves, in all new guides.
    — Speed Pro Hypereutectic pistons
    — Childs & Albert plasma moly piston rings
    — Original connecting rods resized and polished
    — Felpro .015″ head gaskets (for .040″ quench distance)
    — Brand new Eagle Performance crankshaft
    — Edelbrock Performer Intake
    — 1968 Quadrajet
    — 1 5/8″ Flowtech full length headers, 2.25 pipes through Summit turbo mufflers
    — Comp High Energy 268H cam. 268* duration – .454″/.454″
    — HEI ignition (Pertronix flame thrower coil & module)
    — Accel 8.0 Super Stock wires
    — Elec fan, GM serpentine belt system from a 1990 1/2 ton Pickup.
    — Tranny is a TH350, B&M Torkmaster 2000 stall, Hot Shift 3 kit
    — 3.08 rear gears.

Here’s the pic….

tn_RF%20View.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice looking car

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah great car Don!! drool.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s my specs on my 74 Dart Sport:

Engine:
    * Engine CID: 360
    * Block Work: Bored .030, Zero Decked, Balanced
    * Head Type: Edelbrock Aluminun Heads
    * Valve size: 2.02/1.60
    * Rockers: CompCams Roller Rockers
    * Cam Manufacturer: CompCams Xtreme Solid
    * Cam specs @ 50: 236/242 .502/.511 110deg
    * Carb type and size: 650cfm Mighty Demon
    * Intake Manifold Type: Edelbrock Airgap
    * Piston Make: JE SRP Flat-Top
    * Rod Make: Eagle I beams
    * Compression Ratio: Should be around 11:1
    * Timing Chain: CompCams
    * Fuel pump: Carter
    * Oil pump: Speed Pro
    * Gaskets: Flepro, Head .039
    * Ignition Sytem: Custom Igniton from FBO Systems ECU, coil and 2 stage recuved Distro with mechanical advanced, MSD wires
    * Tranny: 904 Street/strip From Cope Racing Transmission

Chassis: (ALL of these are future upgrades or currently being worked on)
    * Rear End: 8 3/4 with 742 pig, 3.73 richmond gears wIth suregrip, strange axels
    * Rear Suspension: Caltracs Monoleaf
    * Shocks: Thinking about going with Rancho
    * Wheels: Think about going with Weld
    * Tires: Mickey Tompson’s 26×10 in the rears and not sure about front
    * Sub frame rail connectors

When all is said and done the car easily should run low 12’s, possibly high 11′, in full street clothes.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:

Just noticed this! They didn’t buy it for me – it was their main car for quite a while. They went to trade it in to Nissan and were offered a lot less than they expected… It happened to be affordable to me so I bought it instead of Nissan. It would take a bit of the pleasure out of it if I didn’t have to earn it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Just noticed this! They didn’t buy it for me – it was their main car for quite a while. They went to trade it in to Nissan and were offered a lot less than they expected… It happened to be affordable to me so I bought it instead of Nissan. It would take a bit of the pleasure out of it if I didn’t have to earn it.

Good point, earning it does give you a certain sense of satisfaction about it. thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well Here we go:

1969 Camaro

Engine:
    427 Cast Block
    Steel Crank
    Balanced & Blueprinted
    Round Port Heads
    Weiand 8-71 Blower
    NOS Blower Kit
    Mallory Ignition
    Edelbrock 650 (2)

Transmission:
    Turbo 400
    4000 Stall
    Maual Valve Body

Frame:
    Back Halfed & Narrowed
    Ford 9″
    Spooled with Starnge Axels

Interior:
    6 Point Cage
    RCI 5- Point belts
    Covan Custom Dash
    Autometer Guages (Yep -the speedo works :D )
    Black with Blue accents

Body:
    All Steel and everything works
    Hood is fiberglass
    White with Powder Blue Rally Stripes

I have a picture in the Chevy Muscle Car Gallery, Take a look!

I will post my Cutlass and Coronet later.

Later!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.