Welcome Forum Car Shows Poynette

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How would you rate the Poynette show today? To rate the show just select “Rate The Show” from the dropdown menu:
    [img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10002/rate.JPG[/img]

They had a pretty good turnout, around 100 cars or so. Fortunately the weather was okay too

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – a
    Parking Location – a
    Class Organization – a
    Trophies & Prizes – b
    Food – d
    Entertainment – b
    Judging – b
    Dash Plaque – a
    Variety of Cars – b
    Bathrooms – b
    Weather – d – way too cold & windy
    Trophy Presentation Timing – a – they moved it up since they were done early!!
    Entry Fee – b
    Overall Rating:B

It was a good show – they had a lot of cars, and a craft show, some interesting Pheasant Booyah Soup that I was NOT brave enough to try.. (rumor said it was pretty good). The burgers left a bit to be desired, but that’s ok.

Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A. Great to have signs on the way there.
    Parking Location – No real issues. I think if it was warmer they would of been overflowing with cars (there is a nice park across the street that may beable to hold more cars then the parking lot.
    Class Organization – B+. Pretty much the same as other show (what about a foreign award? j/k).
    Trophies & Prizes – A/B. Normal door prizes (including badger football tickets). They had a 50/50 raffle
    Food – B. Normal burgers and hot dogs, and pheasant soup, and Pizza. beer garden. I’m not a fan of having to purchase Coupins to purchase food, they do it to try to slow down the beer drinkers.
    Entertainment – DJ with the normal car show music (sound level was just perfect. They did a few games and things that you typically see at large car shows.
    Judging – A. They judged’em.
    Dash Plaque – A.
    Variety of Cars – B.
    Bathrooms – B. I could only imagine if it was warm and folks were at the beer garden that the Park bathrooms would not of been enough.
    Weather – C. hey it didn’t rain….
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A. Early
    Entry Fee – 10 bucks which is pretty standard
    Overall Rating:B I think this could be a great show, but if the numbers increase much I’m not sure where the cars are going to park …

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, well marked and easy to leave. One thing interesting – there was a yellow 70s z/28 camaro that went tearing out of the lot and accelerating up the street. When leaving I saw that he lives literally a block from the show! :haha:
    Parking Location – B – it was on black top which was very important for today, not good weather and it would have been to wet on grass. The big problem I saw was how close the cars were parked, it didn’t leave much room for chairs
    Class Organization – A – classes seemed fine to me
    Trophies & Prizes – A – from the numbers that they kept reading off it seems there were door prizes for almost all of the cars. They also had a 50/50 raffle and the trophies seemed nice
    Food – A – quite the selection! As Amigo-2k said they were selling tickets, but there were a couple other places setup that took just cash. They had pizza, beef or chicken bbq burgers, hamburgers, hot dogs, and the pheasant booyan
    Entertainment – B – The music was good but I did find it hard to hear people I was talking to when it was playing
    Judging – A – efficient and fair
    Dash Plaque – A – a nice design
    Variety of Cars – A – all years and makes
    Bathrooms – C – They were quite a distance from the show
    Weather – B – All things considered it wasn’t too bad. It didn’t rain. It was cold but that was only when the wind picked up
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A – They even started it early!
    Entry Fee – A – standard
    Overall Rating:B+ I thought this show was fun, the weather was a bit cold but that’s expected this time of year

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A One of the easiest to find shows of the year.
    Parking Location A Great location on blacktop, the only problem is that it is a limited area.
    Class Organization B Class organization seemed fine.-
    Trophies & Prizes B – Plenty of door prizes throughout the day, and the trophies looked nice.
    Food B Good selection of food
    Entertainment B+ Music was good, good mix of music and talk.
    Judging B Seemed fair, they were concerned about judges not judging their friends or relatives cars, that was nice to see.
    Dash Plaque A Nice design
    Variety of Cars B Nice variety for the number of cars there.
    Bathrooms C
    Weather C
    Trophy Presentation Timing B
    Entry Fee B
    Overall Rating: Overall it was an enjoyable day, talked to alot of nice people and had a good time.B+

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A Very easy to find and depart from
    Parking Location – B+ Parking on blacktop was good. No mud. Had areas for canopies.
    Class Organization – B Need classes for tuners and other foreign makes
    Trophies & Prizes -B+ many nice doors prizes, I think everone left with a door prize. In fact they drew more door prizes after trophy presentation.
    Food – B Standard food items.
    Entertainment -B+ I think everyone enjoyed the games and prizes were nice for winners
    Judging – B+ Judged classes, fair and timely
    Dash Plaque – A Nice
    Variety of Cars – B+ Good selection
    Bathrooms – B adequate
    Weather – C Cold and windy
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A Right on time
    Entry Fee -B Standard
    Overall Rating:B+
    Nice show, I will go back next year. The number of cars in attendance was just about right. Got to look at all the cars there. Good to see some old friends. Good job Poynette Body Shop

circletrack
    Participant

Who won best of show and the cash prize?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t recall who won best of show, I know it was a 3 Window Coupe.
    There were no cash prizes. You may be thinking of Beck’s on the Water where they gave cash prizes for Best Boat, Best Car and Best Motorcyle.
    Beck’s was on the same day as Poynette.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

The best of show was this 3 window coupe:
    normal_Poynette_Car_Show_2006_071.jpg

The only cash prize I know of was the 50/50, which went to some woman with a camaro, the same who won the frozen t-shirt contest.

The wide variety of cars was one of the nice features of this show. 1930’s – Present, many different age groups of enthusiasts were represented. One thing that does make a difference in the turnout at the shows is the representation by clubs. The only club there yesterday was the Summer Cruisers, which had 15% of the total cars. This goes to show how clubs do have a big impact on the attendance of shows

circletrack
    Participant

Thanks! I think many took one look at the weather forecast and decided it’s time to do something else. We helped another club member pick up a new project yesterday and quite a few others were involved in weddings, and went to Waterloo. It’s hard when you have two shows close together.

The “frozen tshirt” contest? Maybe I shouldn’t even ask?!

I’m curious to see how Platteville turns out, it’s been raining and very chilly all morning. Perfect football weather! ;)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did you hear from anyone how the Waterloo show was? We have a rate the car show for it but no one has responded.

The frozen t-shirt contest isn’t as bad as it sounds. icon_cheesygrin.gif They just had frozen shirts that were stuck in a ball (frozen together). Contestants had to beat them against the ground to get it apart and then the first one to get it on won.

They also had a fanbelt throwing contest!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.