We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows QSL August 16

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

QSL will have live music from Johnny Rocker and the High Rollers on Thursday August 16th. I am taking over the whole lot (just like Bike Nite) and with Good Guys in town I expect (hope) it to fill up quickly. Due to the expected high volume, I will have to impose some kind of restriction ON THIS DATE ONLY. I don’t like restrictions on car shows. I think that we all share the same passion no matter what we drive and no one should be denied. But due to the expected high volume I don’t see where I will have a choice.

My restriction will follow the guidelines of the Good Guys show (’73 and older) with some exceptions. If you own a newer than 1973 vehicle that has been heavily modified, I will try to find room. If your car is only slightly modified or basically stock and newer than 1973, I apologize but you will have to park with the general public.

Again this is for AUGUST 16th ONLY and only out of need not desire. I apologize in advance to anyone who is denied parking on our lot that evening. Please still come out and be part of what I hope will be a really fun night prior to the biggest show we have had in Madison in many years. I know together we can all show the Good Guys that they made the right decision moving the show here from Waukesha.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Great idea and I completely agree with your thinking! I’m hopeful Madison is good to everyone that comes with a car and/or brings many friends that share the passion we do. Let’s hope they are here for years to come!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the updates Jon! This week at QSL will be unbelieveable! Also Tony Rocker is coming as well to perform with his band live so that will also help enhance the atmosphere to make this night really a trip back in time!

jonmandude
    Participant

Tonight was a total of 182 cars. Thank you for all that attended. I hope you had a good time.

There was only a couple “issues” that I had to deal with. The biggest was the people who didn’t like the year restrictions and called to complain to the restaurant, so I had no choice but to let some newer cars in. I am not happy about that. Why can’t people just accept a one day rule and be happy. I personally wouldn’t want to disrespect a classic street rod or muscle car with a new Mustang or Corvette.

One Corvette owner even had the nerve to say I was becoming, and I quote, “an asshole” because I wanted the show to be for the classics just this once. I was truly offended. We have a Corvette only day every spring, why can’t there be a classics only day?

And one other person didn’t want to park in only one spot. His argument was “what’s the difference?” Well if there is no difference than why are you arguing?

Sorry guys, I just had to vent. Honestly, thank you all once again for the support. I do enjoy hosting the shows and meeting all of you. I hope you all enjoy coming as well. I know that I shouldn’t let a couple unhappy peopel ruin my day, but I just want things to be enjoyable for all.

circletrack
    Participant

Jon ~ through the years I’ve learned there will always be someone that wants to ruin the fun no matter what and others who think their car is more deserving (and 9 times out of 10 those are the cars I can walk into my local dealership to see, but that’s another story), so keep your chin up and realize you are doing a great job on that side of town and 182 cars is awesome!

Looking forward to a fun weekend! :)

jonmandude
    Participant

Thank you very much for the support. I simpathize with those that were unhappy, no one wants to be excluded from anything, yet it is life.

I am glad that you, and others like you, enjoy what I am trying to do each week. It is that knowledge that keeps me plugging away at it and able to tolerate those that are less understanding.

Look me up at the show this weekend.

Amigo2k

It was another great Thursday night at the Lube! Thank you to Jon and the gang for coordinating it, and thanks for having Johny Rocker there.

It was great seeing some of the cars that will be attending the Good Guys show this year.

No worries, about the yahoos who couldn’t park their cars a 100ft closer with the other cars for a couple of hours. It is too bad they can’t think logically about it and realize they can still park and walk around and enjoy the cars just like everyone else.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jon,
    You have my personal thanks as well. I appreciate what you and the QSL are doing for the old car crowd. I have learned that sometimes you will need to have a thick skin when dealing with the public.
    Marshall

GTO Man

Great job Jon. I was there last night and it was a great time.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah Jon excellent job! It was a fantastic night with the live entertainment and it was amazing to walk all the way around The Lube and see cars! I also thought they did a good job of accommodating everyone inside – we got seated right away despite the huge crowd of people! Thanks to the GoodGuys, Lake Wisconsin Cruisers, and Central Wisconsin Road Knights for coming as well!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.