Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Opinions

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

*** THE FOLLOWING VIEWS DO NOT IN ANY WAY REPRESENT THE POSITION OF WISCONSIN COLLECTOR CAR. THEY ARE THE OPINION OF THE USER POSTING THEM ***

More of my ideas in action. I hope they at least are doing one of my other ideas and paying you for advertising?

Personally I will not attend. If they had treated me well or at least pretended to care about the car cruise-in as anything more than a way to bring in customers, I may feel different and even offer to help. But after spending the past three years building this event with absolutely no help from any of the management or staff at QSL, only to get shafted, I would prefer no one attends. I think treating people correctly is more important than making money off others’ efforts. I think the Wisconsin Summer Cruisers can let any of you know how well they were treated by management on days when I was not involved. You can probably expect more of that.

Am I bitter? Yes. I put untold hours of effort into making this cruise-in work and making everyone of you feel welcome. How many of you even met anyone else? Or did anyone else ever show at another cruise? Or bring a car to their own cruise?

Quote:
    Quote:
    or at least pretended to care about the car cruise-in as anything more than a way to bring in customers

I wouldn’t go that far. Many of the ideas discussed this year focus on how to make these events what appeals to the classic car community – what works and what doesn’t work at other car shows. Talking to people at shows and reading all the wonderful opinions and feedback on the forum from shows and cruises, I gave them this info and they were quite receptive to forming the cruises this year around that feedback.

Only because they want to draw people in to the restaurant, not because they care one iota about the car community. My goal was always to build it bigger for two reasons. One to make it more enjoyable, and two because I wanted to see more cars for me to enjoy looking at. The questions I got from management were “how do we get them to stay longer?” and “how do we get them to spend more?”

I worked there every day. I know what they are thinking. They can say whatever they want, but I know the behind the scenes. They can’t tell you what works at other shows because they never have been. They can’t tell you what the people want because they didn’t bother to meet them or talk to them.

Hell, the same thing that forced me to leave in November happened in the early summer. They told me that I was too valuable and that they would do whatever, or pay whatever, to keep me there, but as soon as summer was over….It’s very easy to lie about your intentions.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

jonmandude,

It saddens me to read your post. It’s no big secret that I am not only a fan of Blue Chip Street Rods, but a customer. Dave and Kerry and their crew, did everything that they told me they would do for my car, and more, and did it for less money than I actually expected. Blue Chip doesn’t buy and sell, they fix, restore, and create. They can build our cars up to the next level and do it very, very well.

With all due respect to Benchmark Classics, they are buying and selling nationally and internationally, not restoring or creating. So, essentially we are talking about two very different types of businesses. I believe that they (Benchmark Classics) deserve equal time and attention at QSL, but not to the exclusion of Blue Chip Street Rods. You gotta ask yourself, who has been around these past few years to take care of our small (and major) issues with our beloved cars? Will Benchmarks Classics be around several years from now, so that we can buy that high end investment grade collector car, after we cash in that winning powerball ticket?

Just my two cents worth.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I have updated information on this subject, please SEE THIS POST.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    I have updated information on this subject, please SEE THIS POST.

Thanks for the clarification, and going the extra mile to make room for everyone.

As I’ve stated before, I didn’t approve of the situation last fall. I didn’t approve of stever51878 attacking Jon here when he didn’t know what he was talking about. Jon made QSL a spot for car people. It’s too bad he’s no longer there, but I’ve got a feeling we will see him organizing or helping out with another show/cruise night in the future months…He’s a car guy who likes what he did. *Jon, this is the peptalk where I tell you to create your own latest and greatest thing, and if you need help all you have to do is ask myself and many others, and I’m sure they would be more than happy to help you out!*

I’m curious to see what Benchmark Classics has to offer the local car scene. I may have to go back against my word and attend a QSL on there night. I’m also curious to see what Blue Chip has new for ’08.

Anyhoo, only 7 weeks to the Dells thumbsup.gif

jonmandude
    Participant

Thanks Moparkid but honestly I don’t have it in me right now. I put so much of myself into QSL over three years only to have what happened happen. I have been getting the same thing from some of the bikers to start my own bike night. Right now I feel like just relaxing and maybe only going to a couple of shows (Hot Rod Power Tour, Road Apples’ Tuesdays, WSC’s Wednesdays).

That is strange to hear that Blue Chip will be there, as I got my information straight from Dave and Pete on Tuesday. But it is also nice to hear that they will be included. As I said before Blue Chip was the largest draw last year and it would be foolish to not include them again.

My earlier post was information that I thought many would like to know about. I am glad that it was able to be resolved to include Blue Chip into QSL’s cruise in nights

So Andrew, are you now going to be the main force behind the Thursday nights? You seem to be putting a lot of effort into it. If so I wish you luck.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    So Andrew, are you now going to be the main force behind the Thursday nights? You seem to be putting a lot of effort into it. If so I wish you luck.

I’m doing the same thing that I did for the cruise nights last year – contacting local businesses and car clubs to see if they would like to be featured each week.

Amigo2k

I saw an ad in todays paper for QSL cruise night……

jonmandude
    Participant

Please excuse me if this post offends anyone. I am wondering, was QSL that much of a good time that no matter who they screw over, you will all still attend? Honestly, if any of you were done wrong in a way that made you have to sell your car, I would not patronize that business. If any of you put the amount of effort that I put in (to the Lube cruise night) and were treated how I was, I would not attend that event. I would be part of a group to stand up for what is right. Am I the only one that feels this way? I would rather not attend to be right, than let it slide like it was no big deal. “Treat people like shit, don’t appreciate the effort. It’s OK we will come no matter what.”

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.