Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Question about buying a used car

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here but life keeps me busy. Anyways, I’m looking at buying a second car used so the wife has her own to drive and stops asking for mine. I was recently looking at an ad for a car and it said it “runs rich”. What does that mean? Is it something that can be easily fixed if it’s bad? Will it cost me a lot? For a car that’s under a grand, I don’t really want to have to put a lot into it otherwise I might as well get something a little more expensive that doesnt need work and will last longer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

What year and kind of car is it?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Good to hear from you Kreuger. In addition to the questions GTO Man asked, how many miles are on it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Running “rich” refers to the air/fuel mix being provided by your intake system (carb or F.I.). Too rich means there’s too much fuel for the amount of air. How to fix it depends on the specific car. Maybe a “simple” fix, maybe more.

Here’s more advice on a Thousand Dollar Car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsbJA9RM4Cc

Anonymous
    Inactive

The car ended up selling before anyone responded. Thanks anyway guys. Im looking to get something for the wife to drive around town, just taking the kid to the babysitter’s and for her to get to work.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.