Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Racing Fuel

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

The other day I stopped at the local station to put some racing fuel in a couple of the cars before putting them away for the winter. The owners of the station own a local racetrack also. In the cars I run about 4 gallons of racing fuel and 14 gallons of premium unleaded for the 18 gallon tank. The owner said putting in a fuel with ethanol in it will increase the power. This is due to the alcohol.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Where is this station? How much was the racing gas?

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The other day I stopped at the local station to put some racing fuel in a couple of the cars before putting them away for the winter. The owners of the station own a local racetrack also. In the cars I run about 4 gallons of racing fuel and 14 gallons of premium unleaded for the 18 gallon tank. The owner said putting in a fuel with ethanol in it will increase the power. This is due to the alcohol.

Doesn’t the engine have to be specifically compatible with ethanol to run it on that, or is that only for when you are running pure ethanol and not a mix? That’s very interesting, I know BP sells E85 I believe, which is partially ethanol. Did he say how much of a ratio to mix? I know its cheaper than regular unleaded, so its definitely less costly than racing fuel

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Where is this station? How much was the racing gas?

It is at the corner of Glenway St and Mineral Point Road. I believe it is about $4.75 per gallon. One thing that is nice is that they ewill put it right in the tank. Moore’s Service Center is the name I believe. It is across from Glenway Golf Course and the Village Bar.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

You’ll know it this time of year with all the Christmas trees out in the lot.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.