Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Rare Cars at Barrett Jackson

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    85k … I think all the owner did was wipe it down and ship it to scottsdale … It has the same engine if you compare the photos on Mecum’s site and Barrett Jackson’s …

The new owner put less than a mile on the car after he bought it according to Bruce.. at least he got some of his money back, with the commissions and such he about broke even. It was fun to watch it go across and see it sold (we watched online to avoid the endless commercials)

jonmandude
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    Here is one that was at Blanchardville this past year as a Display car …

As I recall it went to Mecum and didn’t sell (110k) http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?CFGRIDKEY=DA0912-138024

137611_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

His Deuce and his Corvette are also going across the block.

And it is going across the block Saturday …
    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1286&aid=466

Amigo2k

The truck sold for 160k …

jonmandude
    Participant

His Deuce went for $137K

The Corvette is later.

I see our local Ring Brothers have 3 cars in the auction too

jonmandude
    Participant

I see his Corvette went for $360K

circletrack
    Participant

Did it seem the Ring Brothers cars didn’t go over too well? The craftsmanship is amazing in those vehicles, I just don’t think everyone appreciates their design/paint schemes?

Amigo2k

The Ring Brothers Mach 1, went for like 320k … that seems a bit strong to me…

jonmandude
    Participant

It is always difficult with customs. Trying to find that rare buyer, with money, who likes your vision, is hard. I think they got good money on two of their cars (the 70 and the 67), and actually they did fairly well on the 2007 too. That car is not very modified, just paint and bolt ons.

GTO Man

Very strong auction. Many big dollar cars, George Barris should be happy with $4.2 million for the Batmobile. Craig Jackson says prices were like those in 2006. Very interesting auction.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.