Welcome Forum Car Shows Rate the Pardeeville Car Show 2015

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

It was a disappointing day. I made it to within 3 blocks of the show with my GTO Judge by 8:30am. The temperature gauge showed 250 degrees so I pulled over to the curb on Lake Street. After determining that the water pump was leaking and close to going out completely I called Hagerty to have it flat-bedded back to Madison. The car and I were back in Madison by 1:30pm or so.

circletrack
    Participant

Sorry to hear that GTO Man..

circletrack
    Participant

As most of you know, Steve & I have judged the Corvettes for years now. I won’t rate the show, but will add they had well over 1000 cars this year, which is truly amazing. With a show that big, you will have problems, and they did. People were lined up at 5 a.m. to get in, on a state highway, which isn’t good. We rolled in around 7:30 and were shocked to see half the park full already and several spots “saved” for bigger groups or some special reason, I heard several say they didn’t appreciate that. The line to register was really long all morning – hats off to the registration workers that tried to keep that moving. Overheating cars was a big issue this year, I second that you pay at the gate and register yourself once inside – I’ve always thought it was unfair of someone who knows zilch about my car to tell me what class I should be in, and if one has lots of questions that only holds up the line and causes more problems. All in all, so many cars to see – this show brings them all out, several we don’t see all year long and several from other states. I did feel bad for the group that came from Iowa and didn’t get recognized for long distance.. that award should go to the person that drives the longest THAT DAY, not that week. There is no way someone came from Colorado or New Jersey just for the show and drove yesterday morning.

There is always work to be done on a show this size, Vicki and her crew will work on that – guaranteed!

Gunner
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    It was a disappointing day. I made it to within 3 blocks of the show with my GTO Judge by 8:30am. The temperature gauge showed 250 degrees so I pulled over to the curb on Lake Street. After determining that the water pump was leaking and close to going out completely I called Hagerty to have it flat-bedded back to Madison. The car and I were back in Madison by 1:30pm or so.

Overall, were you satisfied with the Hagerty’s service? Did they dispatch a rollback out of Madison or somewhere closer? Sorry to hear of your bad lucl.

Gunner
    Participant

Thanks to you and everyone else on Jim and Vicki’s crew for making this a “must attend” car show every year!

My award and reward for this year’ show was a whole Amish made Apple pie, which I bought at the end of the show, and is currently safe in my home refrigerator!

I left before the awards were completed. I would be curious to know who won the Best of Show awards.

GTO Man
    Gunner wrote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Overall, were you satisfied with the Hagerty’s service? Did they dispatch a rollback out of Madison or somewhere closer? Sorry to hear of your bad lucl.

Hagerty had a truck there in little over an hour and a half, which I thought was good. It was out of Portage. We were back in Madison and dropped off by 1:30 or so. My coverage is frre for the 1st 10 miles and $4/mile after that. Total cost of about $150 which I thought was very reasonable. I remarked to the driver the GTO will get great mileage on the way back to Madison.

Gunner
    Participant

Did anyone else, besides me, question the “long distance award” or “who drove the greatest distance to get to this show” award. Did I hear correctly that it went to someone who claimed to have driven from Colorado? I don’t know how they did it, but they must of been hauling a** to get from Colorado to Pardeeville in a reasonable amount of time.

Come on here, let’s get real. Nobody wakes up at dark thirty and drives from Colorado to Pardeeville to attend the car show.

If this is a Pardeeville award, maybe that one needs to be reworked because I know we had cars and trucks from Iowa and Illinois and Michigan and Minnesota that actually got up at dark thirty and drove to the Pardeeville Car Show. In all fairness, this could have been a “Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio” award and the winner picked by the DJ’s.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Gunner wrote:
    Did anyone else, besides me, question the “long distance award” or “who drove the greatest distance to get to this show” award. Did I hear correctly that it went to someone who claimed to have driven from Colorado? I don’t know how they did it, but they must of been hauling a** to get from Colorado to Pardeeville in a reasonable amount of time.

Come on here, let’s get real. Nobody wakes up at dark thirty and drives from Colorado to Pardeeville to attend the car show.

If this is a Pardeeville award, maybe that one needs to be reworked because I know we had cars and trucks from Iowa and Illinois and Michigan and Minnesota that actually got up at dark thirty and drove to the Pardeeville Car Show. In all fairness, this could have been a “Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio” award and the winner picked by the DJ’s.

Long distance awards are a joke from the get-go. Someone will always find a way to lie about the distance it takes them to get from A to B. I was at a show a few years ago where a guy from Monticello, WI said he was from Monticello, IA just to win a long distance award with his Corvette. Did the judges and show staff not see Wisco license plates on his car?? I was slightly vocal about that one :whistle:

circletrack
    Participant
    Gunner wrote:

Yes, I was standing there when several questioned the long distance winner traveling from New Jersey (I think) for the show. Come on, there is no way one got up Saturday morning and decided to drive to Wisconsin for a car show… more thought needs to be put into this. Heck I was up at o’dark thirty and felt like I was late at 7:30 (when the gates aren’t supposed to open until 8)

Amigo2k

Some Arial footage …. at about 3:30 they do a walk around filming (make sure you click on the HD in the lower corner of the video to see it in High def).

https://www.facebook.com/PardeevilleCarShow/posts/753401561456866

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.