Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate the Show] Beaver Dam

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Very well marked, easy for me.
    Parking Location – They did a good job of parking the 600+ cars today, you could move around if you needed to (I did more than once)
    Class Organization – N/A
    Trophies & Prizes – I don’t think they gave out anything but the 50/50 and some other prizes you had to pay to enter. The 50/50 was a bit surprising in that it was only $280 with many people in the park.
    Food – B+ ~ Your typical food, the prices were fair.
    Entertainment – C ~ The music/sound system was hard to hear at times. I also get tired of the same music all day long.
    Judging – B ~ I won an award today and can’t complain but I also saw many cars that should’ve won and didn’t. I think the rain kept the judges moving and possibly not able to judge like they should’ve.
    Dash Plaque – B ~ Nothing special
    Variety of Cars – A ~ One of the better shows around, a good blend of new and old.
    Bathrooms – C ~ They need to work on keeping these clean and supplied. The women’s bathroom was out of paper by noon.
    Weather – B ~ Again this year, rain in the morning and HOT by afternoon.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B ~ They worked hard to get them done on time.
    Entry Fee – B ~ I preregistered so it was only $7.50, I think $15 is steep when they have as many sponsors as they do.
    Overall Rating:B

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was my first visit to the Beaver Dam Show, and I was just a spectator this year. Actually, I liked what I saw. I like the shady setting, and the city park location. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how they park the cars, though. There were a few nice Corvettes, but with the Bloomington Show going on at the same time, many other nice Corvettes were at the Bloomington show.

I saw many cars that I have not seen before, especially many nice Mustang fastbacks, Mach 1s, and Boss cars.

I was able to buy a copy of the book (the annual Wisconsin Car Show Guide), at a discounted price, so I feel like I had a good day at this show. I was able to visit with CircleTrack, Big Block, GTOMan, and others so it was a very good day.

Weather permitting, I will attend this show next year with my car.

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Specific Ratings (A-F):

Bathrooms – C ~ They need to work on keeping these clean and supplied. The women’s bathroom was out of paper by noon.

Use your socks….

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:

Use your socks….

Unfortunately no socks… crybaby2.gif

Marshall ~ you are correct in the location, the park is perfect! Lots of shade trees and good shady spots.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I saw many cars that I have not seen before, especially many nice Mustang fastbacks, Mach 1s, and Boss cars.

Beautiful! drool.gif

Quote:
    I was able to buy a copy of the book (the annual Wisconsin Car Show Guide), at a discounted price, so I feel like I had a good day at this show.

Are we missing anything?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“The Book” is so comprehensive that I can’t tell just yet. It is a great supplement to the info posted here on the WCC forum! For example, prior to attending a show for the first time, you can determine whether the show location is paved/grass/shaded. Another nice feature is the type of judging, such as participant/concours/spectator/not judged/undercarriage, etc. I like it that each show has a full page of specific info, down to the smallest details of the show.

Actually, I have now found that there are shows detailed here on the WCC forum, that are not in “the book”. Congrats to GTOMan and Garibaldi for the hard work that they put into the car show calendar here?
    Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That is a good idea about telling what kind of location it is especially when choosing shows on a hot day.

Thanks Marshall, we’re glad that this site has been useful and hope to continue to improve it in the future!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.