Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate the Show] Blanchardville July 8

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – No issues. My GPS took me to the right spot (nice drive out there), but found it a little odd to drive though the vendor section.

Parking Location – Lots of green grass and no real dust in my area (it must of rained out there recently).

Class Organization – They tried to organize the cars by group. I tried to get in the special interest but wouldn’t let me. They put me in the up to 1958 stock. If I was going to do it again I would of put the car in the low ride car group.

Trophies & Prizes – A couple of trophies, and a bunch of plaques for the winners. Door Prizes, they called off names, and I didn’t see anything too exciting they were giving away. I left before 1, due to the heat.

Food – C. Standard burgers, brats and hot dogs, but they were cooking them over charcoal weber grills. And they did have ice cream too. It seems like a lot of other shows this year, are adding other eats, other then the standard burgers and brats.

Entertainment – 3D sound DJ. There was a pretty big area to cover and they did a great job doing so, with a second set of wireless speakers. The DJ didn’t talk all time and wasn’t annoying, and I even heard songs for the 80’s and 90’s!

Judging – No clue. I did find it odd that on one of the forms I filled out there was a box to check, if you were interested in Judging.

Dash Plaque – Yup, got one.

Variety of Cars – Pretty decent. Lots of Mustangs and a handful of rat rods were nice to see. My guess there was about 300 cars that showed up.

Bathrooms – I think there was normal cinder block bathroom, and 1 porta John. I don’t know if that was enough or not?

Weather – Smoken’ hot! But there was a breeze. After I was there for 2.5 hrs and 3 bottles of water I decided to bug out due to the heat.

Trophy Presentation Timing – No clue.

Entry Fee – 12 bucks. A bit higher then normal and they charged 2 bucks for folks to enter to view the cars.

Overall Rating:A/B

There were a few vendors, and a Dyno Machine which was nice to see for a smaller show like this.

[web:0cd852f9e6]http://www.walkerdowney.com/panblanch.JPG[/web:0cd852f9e6]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Easy to Find from just about any direction. The park seems to be in about the center of town.
    Parking Location – Mostly grass, with very little shade. If you don’t have an EZUP for this show, you’re probably gonna get burnt.
    Class Organization – Lots and lots of classes, but some classes with only two cars. The larger classes could be broken up somewhat.
    Trophies & Prizes – More of a plaque style this year, excepting the Best of Show awards.
    Food – Burgers were good, Brats were OK, Ice Cream was outstanding.
    Entertainment – DJ was excellent with a nice mix of music.
    Judging – Like all shows, Subjective. Judges like what they like.
    Dash Plaque – Very nice.
    Variety of Cars – Lots and lots of cars from Iowa, Illinois. Nice selection of cars that you may not see at other shows.
    Bathrooms – Adequate
    Weather – Hot, Hot, and more hot.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Very Well Done, but a few minutes late.
    Entry Fee – $12
    Overall Rating: A
    This is one of my favorite shows. There is lots to do and see. The quality of cars in my class is always top notch. My favorite part of the show is the drive out from Madison in the morning.

circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Like Marshall, this is one of my favorite drives out in the cool summer Sunday morning!
    Parking Location – The clubs are parked back by the field, which I do not like. We were there by 8:30 this morning and specifically requested not to be so far back. They balked at first, but let us park closer to the front. There wasn’t as many cars this year (more than likely due to the heat), so it worked out fine.
    Class Organization – They do a good job having you park in your class, unless you are with a club, or they want you parked somewhere specifically.
    Trophies & Prizes – The door prizes were a bit odd for some, but overall a nice selection. I liked they called off your name more than once (I never heard my name the first time around). I received an award and it’s very similiar to the awards from Automotion. Blanchardville always has “odd” awards, so I was disappointed to see the plaque, but it’s nice.
    Food – The usual, the burgers were quite well done though
    Entertainment – I like this DJ, although he can be sarcastic to some car owners. The variety of music was good.
    Judging – They took plenty of time with my car and did a good job. They get such a variety of HIGH quality cars at this show from all over, it has to be hard to pick the right ones.
    Dash Plaque – Got one, the design is very neat!
    Variety of Cars – Excellent!
    Bathrooms – More portable ones would’ve been nice.
    Weather – HOT, HOT and VERY HOT!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Nice job, they knew people were uncomfortable and kept it moving.
    Entry Fee – I pre-registered so it was only 12 for the two cars. $12 each and having the spectators pay also is high.
    Overall Rating:B ~ I also don’t like winding in through the odds and ends people try to sell. I wish the vendors were at the other end of the park giving the owners a chance for more shade, but realize that won’t happen. Frank puts a lot of work into this show, it’s one of our favorites. Now to get Mother Nature to cooperate and cool things off!

moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Easy for me, I only live 10 miles from Blanchardville.
    Parking Location – Ok, easy to get to and plenty of room around the cars
    Class Organization – It would have been nice if people would just park in the class they were supposed to, but I seen some cars parked out of class just because they wanted to be by there buddy. I guess you can do that when you have money…
    Trophies & Prizes – I don’t know, I got screwed on the judging and never got one.
    Food – Brought my own
    Entertainment – Ok, better than the lady in Monroe
    JudgingF, F, and another F! I don’t know who judged my car, or who had the balls to shut my trunk lid, but I always enjoy going to a judged show and seeing filthy cars win just because the owner is a “collector”. I had 10 hours in cleaning my car, only to be slapped in the face. If I don’t get a call back from the coordinators, I’ll never go again. I’m not looking for a pity trophy, just juding to be fair. I don’t think Marshall got an award with his mustang either, and his was one of the nicest cars in his class.
    Dash Plaque – got one
    [color=] [/color]Variety of Cars – good
    Bathrooms – They need more plastic potties
    Weather – sucked, too hot
    Trophy Presentation Timing – This is always screwed up and there never ready. You would think after putting this show on for 21 years they would have it figured out by now.
    Entry Fee – pre reg $6, otherwise $12
    Overall Rating:F

moparkid25
    Participant

I spoke with a coordinator this evening from the show. He explained to me how my car was judged, and I explained to him what I saw and thought would have been fair. Although nothing could have been changed, I still feel I got the short end of the stick. Fortunately, I’m more calm than I was last night and this morning icon_cheesygrin.gif

Don’t know if I’ll go next year or not, I’ll have to wait and see.

icon_headbang.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – For me this show is a 104 mile drive one way, but its an easy drive and easy parking proceedure once you arrive
    Parking Location – On grass plenty of room
    Class Organization – I was looking to be in Mopar class, but I guess there there wasn’t a specific mopar class so I ended up in 70-74 muscle car witch was mostly all mopar anyway.
    Trophies & Prizes – Crossed piston plaque, kinda cool
    Food – the normal stuff, but the prices were very good compared to the shows around here were you can expect to spend 3-4 bucks for a cheese burger
    Entertainment – I would have prefered some car show music and a little ac/dc thrown into the 80’s and 90’s billboard top 40 mix
    Judging – judging is extremly difficult and at this type of show it means nothing anyhow its for fun no big deal. The show organizers and judges did the best they could with the time, number of cars, and the heat to be as fair as possible. Judging is always subjective, we’ve all had days that we go home empty handed all we can do is show our cars at their best that day and see what happens.
    Dash Plaque – cool logo
    Variety of Cars – very good
    Bathrooms – They need more port-a-jons
    Weather – Blistering hot
    Trophy Presentation Timing – a little late, somewhat long winded, but it moved along ok
    Entry Fee – $10 seems to be the norm this year so at $12 for show day registration seems a little high
    Overall Rating:put overall rating hereB+

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A – nice drive and easy to find
    Parking Location – N/A – didn’t take a car because of the heat
    Class Organization – N/A
    Trophies & Prizes – B – seemed to have lots of door prizes and good trophies
    Food – B – usual stuff and ice cream
    Entertainment – B – usual tunes
    Judging – N/A
    Dash Plaque – N/A
    Variety of Cars – A – great variety
    Bathrooms – C – Only at one end and one portajohn
    Weather – D- – extremely hot
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A
    Entry Fee – N/A
    Overall Rating:C- Nice cars and show but very hot, even moreso than usual

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.