We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate the Show] Janesville Car Show Sept 3

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?)
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Easy to find, right off Hwy. 14.
    Parking Location – They parked you when you came in, and moved new cars off the lot throughout the morning.
    Class Organization – None
    Trophies & Prizes – A couple radio stations gave away stuff, two trophies per the 6 classes they had and best of show. 3 awards went to the same guy, I’m not fond of that.
    Food – Great! Free brats, hot dogs, chips and soda!
    Entertainment – None
    Judging – Participant judging…
    Dash Plaque – A small one
    Variety of Cars – Nice, some we haven’t seen before. Lots and lots of Mustangs, but this was a Ford dealership.
    Bathrooms – None outside, just a couple inside the dealership.
    Weather – Warm and sunny!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Around 3, it would’ve been nice to have it earlier, especially with the holiday weekend traffic.
    Entry Fee – Free!
    Overall Rating: B- This is a nice show with potential when you have nothing else planned for Labor Day. The free food and no entry fee is very nice, hardly any shows do that.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Trophies & Prizes – A couple radio stations gave away stuff, two trophies per the 6 classes they had and best of show. 3 awards went to the same guy, I’m not fond of that.

How can they justify that? Was it a judged show or particpant judging?

circletrack
    Participant

It was participant (or bring your friends) and had 2 cars. He won a class award for each and Best of Show…

moparkid25
    Participant

If your going to win best of show, you shouldn’t win in your class. This keeps it fair for others and gives them a chance to win an award.

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    If your going to win best of show, you shouldn’t win in your class. This keeps it fair for others and gives them a chance to win an award.

This is something I agree with. I have done judged show in the past and always stuck with the rule of one trophy per car. Best of show, best paint, best whatever should always remove you from class voting. You got an award, let someone else have a smile too.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    This is something I agree with. I have done judged show in the past and always stuck with the rule of one trophy per car. Best of show, best paint, best whatever should always remove you from class voting. You got an award, let someone else have a smile too.

Agreed

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was there too, but had to leave a little bit early, do you remeber what cars won?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have pics, but it won’t let me post a link yet…

Anonymous
    Inactive

maybe now

PICS

GTO Man

Looks like some nice cars. How many would you say were there?

circletrack
    Participant

100 or so?

There were a couple Shelby Mustangs that won awards, along with an AAR Cuda. They were amazing cars, one of those won best in class and best of show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    maybe now

PICS

Thanks for the photos Rocket88! It seems like a great show, nice variety of cars. If you want, could you zip the pictures and email them to me – I can create an album on the photo gallery for the show.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.