Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate the show] Platteville

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, been there before, but they have signs to direct you to Legion Park
    Parking Location – A, classes are parked together. Nice grass fields.
    Class Organization – A, this year they gave Chevelles, Camaros, and Mustangs there own class. This was easier on the judges and it helped keep other classes from being “overfull”.
    Trophies & Prizes – A, nice trophies. Congratulations to ddhemi for his award in the stock ’69-’72 class.
    Food – A, excellent corn on the cob!!!
    Entertainment – C, the DJ’s were from 3D sound but was a fella I’d never seen before. He did a good job, however the newest song I heard was Paula Abdul’s “the way that ya love me” icon_vomit1.gif
    Judging – B, this is a judged show. I hate to make any members of the SWAC feel old, but some of these guys aren’t as agile as they used to be. I think for next year (which will be there 34th year doing this show) they should get some volunteers who can get down and back up a little easier. I’d hate to see one of them leave on a stretcher…
    Dash Plaque – A, very nice.
    Variety of Cars – A, lotsa stuff you don’t see in the Madison area.
    Bathrooms – B, plastic potties around the grounds and a nice bathroom in the pavillion. No one tried tapping my feet under the particians either… dontknow.gif
    Weather – A, dare I say it was a bit chilly this morning?
    Trophy Presentation Timing – A, earlier than they expected.
    Entry Fee – $10, usual.
    Overall Rating:A+ This is one of my favorite shows to attend each year. A dude from Lancaster had his General Lee replica there, and his brother brought a restored Zebra 3 Ford Torino (Starsky & Hutch). There was also a very nice 440 4speed Plymouth Superbird, and a fully restored ’63 GMC Semi tractor!!

icon_headbang.gif

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.