Welcome Forum Car Shows [Rate The Show]Big Brothers/Sisters-Dane County Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Big Brothers/Sisters-Dane County Car Show -Promega- 15 September 2007

Congrats to Marshall for his win in the top 8!

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – 2 Miles from my house and there was a sign to point you down the right road.

Parking Location – A street was blocked off and there was a ton of Staff to help you park your ride.

Class Organization – none.

Trophies & Prizes – Nice normal size trophies (8) and 2 larger ones along with plaques for the winner. Door prize: best I’ve seen all year. Gift cards for 10-50 bucks to autozone, target, eclipse tint, day spas… (a total of about 12 of these), then on the hour, they would draw for a 50 dollar bill (they did this 4 times) and at the end of the show they drew for a 100 dollar bill.

Food – There was a coffee/sandwich shop on site.

Entertainment – A DJ that (get this) played a ton of music from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.

Judging – Participant. (pick your top 8)

Dash Plaque – none. There was a nice grab bag which included a show shirt, and the normal pens, pencils, stickers….

Variety of Cars – Lots of Mustangs (including 12’ish 1990-present). A total of about 75 cars.

Bathrooms – In doors. Fine for the smaller size of the show.

Weather – Sunny and fine. It wasn’t really cold due to the sun.

Trophy Presentation Timing – Started a bit early, and Jim gave a nice description of the winners.

Entry Fee – 10 bucks

Overall Rating:B+

This show had almost all the key elements you need for a great show. All they need to do for next year is to get the word out sooner. With their current set-up they could handle +200 cars. I hope they have this show next year at Promega again!

Best of show went to a 1958 rag top restored Beetle (I enjoyed comparing it to mine to see what mine looked like at one point in its life).

[img]http://www.walkerdowney.com/car/promegawin.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://www.walkerdowney.com/car/promegawin2.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://www.walkerdowney.com/car/promega-pan.JPG[/img]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I went out and looked around after leaving Cross Plains. It is a very nice setting and I can see that if advertised enough it could get much bigger.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A
    Parking Location – A – nice location right along the street.
    Class Organization – N/A – didn’t look
    Trophies & Prizes – N/A – didn’t look
    Food – B – seemed like a lot of the usual stuff
    Entertainment – B
    Judging – N/A
    Dash Plaque – N/A
    Variety of Cars – B – a nice variety
    Bathrooms – C
    Weather – A – great day!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/a
    Entry Fee – N/a
    Overall Rating:C+ – a nice show that will grow a lot in the coming years!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Arrival/Departure………………..A
    Parking Location………………….B
    Class Organization……………….F (no classes,people you screwed up)
    Trophies & Prizes…………………N/A
    Food…………………………………B
    Judging……………………………..C (Participant Judging Sucks)
    Dash Plaques………………………A
    Variety of Cars……………………B
    Bathrooms…………………………A
    Weather…………………………….A
    Overall Rating……………………..C

When i paid for my entry fee of $10.00,i asked what class id be in.They said,”every car will be in an appropriate class..I didnt expect to be one all-in class..Hey Promoters!!..You all had plenty of ime to at least break things uplike this…Best Chevy…Best Dodge…Best Ford…etc,etc

No excuse for this..I contacted Jim Sullivan & others on this 6 weeks in advance..You cant own a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab,and go head to head with Mustangs,Corvettes in the same

circletrack
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t this show meant to be sort of a fundraiser for Big Brothers/Sisters? I know the guy putting it on loves cars and has done something on the side in recent years on his own and decided to branch out a bit this year. I don’t think he meant to have separate classes for everything. There are many shows I attend during the year that have classes with different cars in them, I know it shouldn’t be that way but I’m not the one putting on the show and have only complained a couple times when it’s fairly obvious.

What class do you feel you belong in? Your truck is pretty new for events, I know you’ve run into issues before.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank You Circletrack. Bluethunder, this was a Show and Shine event, its purpose was to raise funds for the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Dane County. We added the Elite Eight, Big Brothers and Big Sisters Choice and
    the Best of Show to recognize the high quality of cars that attend as determined by the participants and the kids. A Show and Shine event is nothing more that an upgraded Cruise-in. Not intended for class organization. IT WAS A FUND RAISER!!. It you want classes don’t attend Show and Shine events such as the Deforest Show and The Big Brothers and Big Sisters Show. Go to a Car Show not a Classic Car Show. A car show will have a class for you. You knew this was a Show and Shine Event.
    If we failed to explained the format to you in a fashion that you could understand, we apoloze. Circletrack your comments are and were appreciated. Thanks Again.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    When i paid for my entry fee of $10.00,i asked what class [color=]I would[/color] be in.They said,”every car will be in an appropriate class..I didnt expect to be one all-in class..Hey Promoters!!..You all had plenty of time to at least break things uplike this…Best Chevy…Best Dodge…Best Ford…etc,etc

No excuse for this..I contacted Jim Sullivan & others on this 6 weeks in advance..You cant own a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab,and go head to head with Mustangs,Corvettes in the same class.

I fixed your typo’s for ya… wave.gif

First off, Sullivan and Promega did promote this as a “show and shine” event. It was also posted on this forum and the WCC calendar weeks in advance. Anyone who did recieve an award or door prize at a show like this should be grateful, as IT WAS PUT ON TO BENEFIT BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS OF DANE COUNTY!!! Your $10 went to HELPING KIDS!!!

I totally agree with you, a Dodge Dakota can’t compete with a mustang, or a Corvette. If you were there to compete, your there for the wrong reasons. Personally, when I go to shows and I see all the classics that are survivors or restored autos, I will look at them and walk right by a newer vehicle that gets driven any day of the week. No offense, but a Dodge Dakota isn’t that special.

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.