Welcome Forum Car Shows Reedsburg

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – B, the show was at a different location this year. The committee did a good job of getting clear directions to the new place.
    Parking Location – B, open grass fields but no shade. Glad I took the EZ up today.
    Class Organization – Classes were not parked together. They should change that for next year.
    Trophies & Prizes – C – they only gave two awards per class. There was approx. 100 cars at this show I overheard someone say. They also gave more than one award to certain cars, which they should not do.
    Food – B, the K of C had a chicken dinner or you could get hot dogs, brats, or pizza from the Jaycees.
    Entertainment – A DJ that sucked worse than the annoying lady from 3D.
    JudgingF I only saw one judge for the entire show! Members of the car club that put this show on were also winning awards that should have been given to more deserving cars in the show. One rule of thumb is you had to have your hood up, well I saw a few cars that didn’t put there hood up all day and still won awards, WTF?!
    Dash Plaque – B, typical.
    Variety of Cars – B, stuff you don’t see at local shows.
    Bathrooms – B, indoors with plenty of stand-ups and sit-downs.
    Weather – Hot in the shade, but no rain.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – way behind schedule, about an hour late.
    Entry Fee – $10, Felt after I left I could’ve drank in the bar.
    Overall Rating:D This show needs some work. The last couple years it was good for a small show, but with a new location brought a lot of discrepincies they didn’t have before. Not sure I’d go back to this one again….

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunatly I don’t know how to get the formated questions on my reply so bare with me.
    I did not think this was such a bad show. It was hot and very humid. As for judging and awards I never get judged so I can not give an opinion. I’ve gone to alot of small shows that dont bother parking the cars in classes. I would guess it is to save room but what do I know. I’ve been to alot worse shows put on by groups that have done it for more years.I’d give it a B-.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hi Tanc,

Welcome to the forum! If you want to get the specific ratings, simple do this:
    ratetheshowhowto.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    JudgingF I only saw one judge for the entire show! Members of the car club that put this show on were also winning awards that should have been given to more deserving cars in the show. One rule of thumb is you had to have your hood up, well I saw a few cars that didn’t put there hood up all day and still won awards, WTF?!

Oh wow, a popularity contest among friends?

I’ve been to shows like that, long ago, which was why I dropped out of the car show scene completely until a year ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the welcome and the lesson.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah, I agree, the judging for this show was pretty bad. I got to see my score sheet after the show. I had scores crossed out and lowered in two different categories after the fact (were in a totally different color ink). I was told that I lost to that one 2006 or 2007 (?) Roush Mustang that won “Best of Class” and “Best of Show” by two points. Guess what the difference of the crossed out and changed numbers were….two points. I was pretty frustrated when such a new car won “Best of Show”. Neither him nor I deserved “Best of Show” when there were so many other nice older RESTORED cars there that were more deserving. It almost seemed to me that when they received the score sheets from the judge, they got together and started making changes on their own. I have no proof of this, but the changes I saw made to my score sheet makes me think this.

Paul

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    yeah, I agree, the judging for this show was pretty bad. I got to see my score sheet after the show. I had scores crossed out and lowered in two different categories after the fact (were in a totally different color ink). I was told that I lost to that one 2006 or 2007 (?) Roush Mustang that won “Best of Class” and “Best of Show” by two points. Guess what the difference of the crossed out and changed numbers were….two points. I was pretty frustrated when such a new car won “Best of Show”. Neither him nor I deserved “Best of Show” when there were so many other nice older RESTORED cars there that were more deserving. It almost seemed to me that when they received the score sheets from the judge, they got together and started making changes on their own. I have no proof of this, but the changes I saw made to my score sheet makes me think this.

Paul

I totally agree with you, even though that Roush Mustang you speak of is my best friends’ car. He is also a member here on the forum-DDHemi. We were in a hurry to get out of town that day in fear they would send a lynch mob after him for winning both awards 😯

As I said before, this is one I’ll have to contemplate about returning to next year.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.