Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Respect

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

As you know, the forum is often place for hot debates about real issues in the classic car community. It’s good and productive to address these issues and through discussion we can often find innovative solutions.

That being said, these discussions also require another aspect that sometimes has been missing – respect. It is important to respect others whose viewpoint or situation may be different. These are real people who have put countless hours and labor to make their classics great. I think sometimes with the Internet it is easy to forget that people sit behind the screen reading and making posts. Disrespecting or flaming a particular model of classic simply because you don’t own one or don’t like it isn’t right. We have received anonymous notifications of people who would participate in these discussions with us on the forum but have refrained from doing so because they have been personally hurt by comments on the forum.

Please take this into account when making future posts. We want everyone to participate and feel welcome. Thank you all for your contributions to the site and we hope to have a great 2009 season!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Let me be the first to stand up and say that if I offend anyone with comments I post, please take it up with me first, whether it be a PM or you contact me via email thru my website. I like to think that I am an open-minded person, and am capable of thinking outside the box.

I have been slammed on the forum, and I’m guilty of slamming other members of this online community. Mostly from past, personal experiences. I have a hard time “forgiving”, especially when its cost me financially. Example: I’m guilty of slamming House of Horsepower (or anyone associated with them) every chance I get. I do this not to gain enterprise for myself, because that’s not the way to bring in business. I do it because there work is less that satisfactory, and there are many, many people who will stand behind my statements. I’m also guilty of attacking a former Road Apples member because of his childish antics over the years.

I will do my best to refrain my opine from now on. But on the other hand, we all need to lighten up a bit. If my comment is somewhat smartass in nature, I always try to use a smilie :whistle:

lordairgtar
    Participant

Garibaldi wrote:

Quote:
    Hello Everyone,

Disrespecting or flaming a particular model of classic simply because you don’t own one or don’t like it isn’t right.

Remember, the car does not know what kind it is. You could stick a bow tie on a Mustang or a blue oval on a Camaro, they would still run and look the same.

circletrack
    Participant

lordairgtar wrote:

Quote:
    Garibaldi wrote:

Quote:
    Hello Everyone,

Disrespecting or flaming a particular model of classic simply because you don’t own one or don’t like it isn’t right.

Remember, the car does not know what kind it is. You could stick a bow tie on a Mustang or a blue oval on a Camaro, they would still run and look the same.

And just for the record… I’m loyal to my Chevrolet, but have a blast all summer long driving my Mustang Monday through Friday! :)

Xman
    Participant

Garibaldi wrote:

Quote:
    Disrespecting or flaming a particular model of classic simply because you don’t own one or don’t like it isn’t right. We have received anonymous notifications of people who would participate in these discussions with us on the forum but have refrained from doing so because they have been personally hurt by comments on the forum.

Hmmm, you have received anonymous notifications from people? Are they not proud of what they drive that they can’t post? H_ll I drive a Ford with a Chevy engine. So I have a couple things covered.

And, you don’t think I get ribbed about the color of my ride? :silly:

I think people need to lighten up a bit , teasing about what you or your friend drives has been going on for years. I would love to own a Dodge with a Hemi. But my bank account tells me different.

So step up and post people. It doesn’t matter what you own.. B)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.