Welcome Forum The Lounge Rio de Janeiro to host 2016 Olympics

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

It is the best thing that could of happened. No city in this country can afford the Olympics right now.
    The economy will still be weak in 2016.

Olympics Article

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    It is the best thing that could of happened. No city in this country can afford the Olympics right now.

Olympics Article

I agree. I wouldn’t want the Olympic Games anywhere near here, especially since they were thinking of having the Mountain Bike course at Tyrol Basin :angry:

RivFan
    Participant

I disagree. Hosting the Olympics is beneficial to the host city’s economy. Are there expenses up front for all of the additional infrastructure needed? Sure. But nobody would want the games if they were an economic liability.

I would have been happy to rent my house for $2k per week to someone visting Mt. Horeb for the biking events…

RivFan
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:

I forgot to mention… If you really think the economy will still be in trouble in 2016 GTO Man, sell all your assets and buy gold.

Amigo2k

I saw Rio and I thought it was going to happen in Rio, WI…. ;)

moparkid25
    Participant

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:

The only Olympics to take place in Rio, WI are, with no offense to anyone, Special Olympics :laugh:

I have to go Rio tomorrow, its my Grandma’s 80th birthday.

Xman
    Participant

moparkid25 wrote:

Quote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:

The only Olympics to take place in Rio, WI are, with no offense to anyone, Special Olympics :laugh:

I have to go Rio tomorrow, its my Grandma’s 80th birthday.

Rio don’t ya know..LOL

Stop and see me, its on the way.. B)

GTO Man

RivFan wrote:

Quote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Quote:

I forgot to mention… If you really think the economy will still be in trouble in 2016 GTO Man, sell all your assets and buy gold.

Until jobs start coming back that can support families and provide decent wages this county isn’t going anywhere. We only need so many service level jobs. And since most manufacturing jobs have gone overseas I don’t see that happening. They talk about re-training, thats fine but what does a person get re-trained in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    RivFan wrote:

Quote:
    GTO Man wrote:

Quote:

Until jobs start coming back that can support families and provide decent wages this county isn’t going anywhere. We only need so many service level jobs. And since most manufacturing jobs have gone overseas I don’t see that happening. They talk about re-training, thats fine but what does a person get re-trained in.

The only reason we are here is due to the subprime mortgage issue. Thank you Barney Frank and company. Not because jobs went over seas. You want jobs to stay here? You want jobs to be created?

CUT TAXES!!!

Mean while this fool Obama is jet setting to Europe to make an ass out of himself to push the 2016 Olympics for personal glory and to fill the pockets of his thug pals from Chicago.

How about this. Who really cares about the Olympics in 2016 when Obama is ignoring the fact that we need more troops in Afghanistan. Since when is it the job of the President of the United States to go make a pitch for the Olympic games like he is an Amway salesmen?

Now that i think of it, the more he spends his time on pennyless bs like the 2016 bid, the less he has to scheme against the constitution and the peoples rights. Its just too bad that American service men and women have to suffer due to his lack of attention in the areas that really need it. :angry:

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.