Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Shipping car to Madison?

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

Does anyone have any recommendations for shipping a car from Penn to WI? It can be open air, and the car runs (1967 Cadillac ; not mine but a friend of mine).

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

There are a few places that charge fair rates. Do an internet search for classic auto transportation and it will give you the names of a few transporters like Muscle Car Transport, etc.

I used a company to ship my ’68 to San Fran, they were out of Tennessee and the name was Silver Bullet Relocators. I don’t know if there in business anymore, but they came with new equipment (Trailer, Rig, straps) and were very personable to deal with.

jonmandude
    Participant

I used a company out of Iowa to ship the Chally to Sweden. I cannot recall their name

GTO Man

I used Exotic Car Transport to move a GTO from Florida to Madison http://www.exoticcartransport.com/
    Enclosed transport and the car was received in less than a week. Cost was between $1300 and $1400. I was very happy with their service.

I have also contracted with Terry Vortell out of Indiana to bring a GTO from Michigan to Madison in 2000, cost of $600. He has an enclosed trailer, 30 years experience and I would recommend him also. He advertises in Hemmings, number is 574-772-6838.

Amigo2k

thanks for the input!

here is th photo of the boat (It has been sitting in storage for like 20 years):

681.jpg

GTO Man

Looks like a nice car. That would float down the road.

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOL,
    that’s bigger than a boat. That’s a land shark or a land whale!
    w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Marshall

GTO Man

I would assume that the costs of shipping are skyrocketing because of fuel costs.

Amigo2k

The last email I got from him was that he found a guy in Janesville that was going to do it for 675.

GTO Man

That is a good deal. Is it enclosed or open?

Amigo2k

I think it is open.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.