Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Shocks and Springs

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This is a question that Shoozleboy posted at the Convo Pit, I’m going to repost it here to try and help him out:

Quote:
    Ok, looking for a little advice here. I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer 4WD. My wife and I have owned this little baby since it was new and it now has 79,000 miles on it and has developed the “bouncy’s”.

Being that I use this to tow a 5×10 landscape trailer on occassion, it is equipped with a Class3 hitch assembly.

I need a little advice on what brand and type (Sport, Heavy duty, Truck, etc) of shock or springs I need to replace in order to rid it of the “bouncy’s”.

It rides nice normally, but I’ve noticed more lean in her when turning as well as I can feel the bumps and such a lot more now than I did a couple years ago.

I have used Rancho RS5000’s in the past on my Jeep and even in my 1990 Ford E-150 Conversion van and was thinking the same here (the OEM ones are still on this baby now). With the Rancho, I notice a stiffer ride but also a ride that is not quite as smooth as should be in a van. (meaning – I feel the bumps still, not not as harsh as before the 5000’s, and the van no longer suffers from the “bouncy’s” )

What do you think? I want a smooth, stable ride, but I need to pull a 5×10 open trailer on occassion so I may need something a little heavy for the rear..

any suggestions? preferences? experiences?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a strong supporter of Tokico shocks and struts. They offer great stability and smoothness on the road.

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    They offer great stability and smoothness on the road

Both very important! Thanks for the info and link Mike, I’m sure he appreciates it! thumbsup.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

He may want to consider air shocks for the rear. Pump them up when hauling and lower the air pressure in them for normal driving. He could get the ride he wants by trying different air pressure. This was the factory heavy duty system before gas shocks became standard.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    He may want to consider air shocks for the rear. Pump them up when hauling and lower the air pressure in them for normal driving. He could get the ride he wants by trying different air pressure. This was the factory heavy duty system before gas shocks became standard.

Another excellent suggestion! He says to say thanks and that he really appreciates it!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    He may want to consider air shocks for the rear.

But don’t be stupid like me. I had air shocks on a car.

I was using the torch and accidently touched the airline.

A big hissing noise and the rearend of the car went down!!! icon_eek.gif

Maybe I should pay attention to what I’m doing! icon_sad.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:
    He may want to consider air shocks for the rear.

But don’t be stupid like me. I had air shocks on a car.

I was using the torch and accidently touched the airline.

A big hissing noise and the rearend of the car went down!!! icon_eek.gif

Maybe I should pay attention to what I’m doing! icon_sad.gif

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.