Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Should we, or shouldn’t we?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Should the “Rate The Show” portion of this website disappear?

Only a few people seem to use it anymore. It seems a lot of members have disappeared from this site also, but the lurkers still visit incognito. I will take responsibility for anything I’ve ever posted, which has turned some thin skinned car enthusiasts away over the years.

Other members have quit frequenting this forum for other reasons: beefs with other members, the discussion of topics not related to classic cars and trucks, and most importantly car show organizers who can’t take constructive criticism when their shows don’t receive 5 stars.

Perhaps we have become victim of our own desire? The rate the show section is, in my opinion, a great tool for those who want to attend shows. Credit is given where credit is due. Some disagree.

Thoughts?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I think you might see more action on the car show specific Facebook site … the site allows the hosts of the show to help build up the show with updates and photos … and then the day of the show the folks at the show can post photos … the best Facebook site I’ve followed this year was the one related to the Hot Rod Power Tour

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HotRodPT/?fref=ts

You get to meet the people that are going to attend and in some cases see there rides before the show.

Spring Green also has a good facebook page too:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spring-Green-Car-Show/146962988812427?fref=ts

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Should the “Rate The Show” portion of this website disappear?

Perhaps we have become victim of our own desire? The rate the show section is, in my opinion, a great tool for those who want to attend shows. Credit is given where credit is due. Some disagree.

Thoughts?

Yeah it is too bad that its usage has declined. Ideally I’d like to see all of the Rate The Show entries for a particular show linked together on a single page (along with other info about that show like photos, link to Facebook page, news articles, etc). That way you could track the history of a show as it evolves over the years (e.g this got better, this got worse, etc). It seems like a useful tool both for organizers and show attendees, but at the same time I can see how car shows are a bit more informal and that type of data might be more than is really needed

maddog
    Participant

I say we should keep it; and encourage more of the users here to use it.

I use it myself when I want to attend a show I have never been to before in order to see how the show was run and what kind of vehicles turn out for it.
    I especially like it when there are pictures posted so I know what the area will be like when I get there; shade or not, parking lot, grass, etc.

I haven’t posted much this year myself simply because I have not been to many shows this year.

With September just around the corner and the car show season dwindling down to just a few shows here in the Midwest lets put this on everyone’s to do list for next year to post about the shows they went to next year and make 2016 a banner year for RATE THE SHOW.

Xman
    Participant

I always liked reading what people think about shows they attend. Since I sold my car last year I have not attended many shows anymore. I prefer to ride my scooter all weekend. However I have purchased another car we’ll see if attend any shows next year, I guess I was also getting bored just sitting behind my car and staring at the bumper all day. I admit I’m a lurker too. I swing in take a look and move on… B)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.