Welcome Forum The Lounge Signature

• Creator
    Topic
    hpdog259962
    Participant

What does you signature/avatar mean? I think we didn’t do this before, if we did, I’m, sorry.

Signature: Car guy in IL, since this is a WI Forum, I’m south of the border :D

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My banner is the convergence of two interests that I have. Mustangs (really muscle cars & hot rods in general) and Stargate SG-1 (good Sci-Fi shows). The runnning pony is self explainatory but from the center to the right of the banner shows a section of the Stargate. It took awhile to get the colors and transitions to match in Photshop but it was a success.

Now the line “Power In The Hands Of A Few”, it is actually the slogan that Saleen Autosports uses in their marketing strategy to sell the Saleen Mustang and S7. After awhile I realized that it could be applied to the whole Stargate theme. The true power of the Stargate is in the hands of those who know how to use it for their advantage, which would be the US Air Force and a few alien species.

It also make the work much easier for me because I didn’t have to make a seperate banner for the sci-fi boards. I banner was all it took and it shows on each board that I hold a different interest than cars on the car boards and a different interest than sci-fi on the sci-fi boards.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Its a good idea to do it again though hpdog because we have some new users and Mike has changed his.

I’ll post about mine again:

My avatar is a picture of Jerry Doyle, the actor that plays the character of Michael Garibaldi on the scifi tv show Babylon 5. Michael Garibaldi is quite a character, he’s funny but has a really good intutition, which makes him perfect for the job of Security Chief about Babylon 5. He is also quite smart and clever. Anyway I picked Garibaldi as my forum alias and I had that funny picture of Jerry Doyle that I decided to use as my avatar. You can find more info on Jerry Doyle and Michael Garibaldi here:
    http://www.jerrydoyle.com/pg/jsp/aboutjerry/bio.jsp;jsessionid=2SD5dxjsmBuaEkjBxSblcw**
    http://www.timem.com/starwebs/jerrydoyle/
    http://worldsofjms.com/b5/characters/garibaldi.htm
    http://besterplace.green-sector.de/garibaldi.htm

Mike, that is nice that you combine scifi and cars together, I like both as well! jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh and I changed the avatar for a more personalized look. The pony with the Texas flag instead of tri-bars and of course, the car. :D

Oh I also came across a neat plug in that will allow people to see what I am listening to when I have winamp activated. All I have to say is see sig now. :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Oh and I changed the avatar for a more personalized look. The pony with the Texas flag instead of tri-bars and of course, the car. :D

Oh I also came across a neat plug in that will allow people to see what I am listening to when I have winamp activated. All I have to say is see sig now. :D

I’ve heard of that, do you have a link? I use iTunes, I wonder if there is a plug for that?

BTW my sig is a funny sound from seinfeld. George records himself singing a song for his answering machine… its very funny. :haha:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m currently using winamp and you can download their software and all their plug ins at winamp.com. Once you download the sig plug in at winamp, you’ll need to configure it and register at sigamp.com. At sigamp you can copy and paste the necessary URL code to place in your sig.

Good stuff.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m currently using winamp and you can download their software and all their plug ins at winamp.com. Once you download the sig plug in at winamp, you’ll need to configure it and register at sigamp.com. At sigamp you can copy and paste the necessary URL code to place in your sig.

Good stuff.

Ok so then just use the [img][/img] tags?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are correct sir. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.