We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Site Feedback – Wisconsin Collector Car

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

We would like some feedback on what you think of the site. What is done well and what isn’t. What other features would make it a user friendlier site?

What do you like about the calendar and what don’t you like. What kind of improvements would you like to see? What would make it easier for you to use?

One thing we plan on doing for the calendar next season is to have a pdf link for a many shows as possible.

Thanks for your responses.

GTO Man

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I think you all do an excellent job of making this forum educational, informative, and enjoyable. I’m sure any changes you intend to make will only make this website and forum better!

Thanks to all of you thumbsup.gif

lordairgtar
    Participant

The site loads slowly at this end. I have cable, so that’s not the issue. faster loading would make me happy. I like the site pretty much though.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the compliments guys!

lordairgtar, do all pages load slowly or just the forum? I’ve got that on my todo list! thumbsup.gif

jonmandude
    Participant

You know guys, I love this site. You are always open and about the members. The information here is top-notch. I would like to see less favoritism to some cruises, but I do understand that the bills must be paid.

Amigo2k

I would like to see a weekly email that is sent out (during the normal show season) that has a list of the shows for the next week (embedded with links, like GTOman does now), and links to the reviews from the week before.

Many of the older crowd (not Marshal who likes to state he is “an old guy”), are ok with email, but are non-tech savvy when it comes to the interweb and reading forums. If you give them a link they may pop in and read the posts.

I enjoy the email I receive from the WI Lake Cruisers which has a lot of the same information.

Another idea is a Wisconsin Collector Car Cruise. We look at the last year shows, and find a good date when there are not many shows in the area, pick a place to start from (say QSL at 10AM) and then drive to another place (maybe a loop up to Lake WI and then back down).

lordairgtar
    Participant

Garibaldi, The forum comes up slow, the individual pages do come slowly but not as slow as the forum itself.

lordairgtar
    Participant

My post above took a minute to appear.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I would like to see a weekly email that is sent out (during the normal show season) that has a list of the shows for the next week (embedded with links, like GTOman does now), and links to the reviews from the week before.

In addition to this a similar thing I would like to get working is a RSS feed for the calendar. What do you think about that? For anyone who’s not familiar with RSS, its a way to keep track of all the news events on a site. For example, CNN has an RSS feed here:
    http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss

That would make it easier on GTO Man too because all the latest shows would be automatically posted via the RSS feed.

Lordairgtar, thanks for the feedback! I have always been concerned with how fast the site loads and I’m going to delve into the code to try and optimize and improve! Would you be willing to maybe test some things out for me when I make changes?

GTO Man

THe site does load slow and I have high speed DSL.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Sure, I would test stuff if you want, but I’m not too computer savvy. I can handle the basics though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretty happy with how things are. I do like the idea from Amigo2K for a specific cruise night.

Only complaint, loads slow. Others have mentioned it, I’m sure you’ll have it solved. Not that big of a deal though

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

One important question about the speed issue: Do all pages seem to load slow or only when you post a message?

Also, for everyone using the forum and site – if you are using Internet Explorer, I highly recommend that you download and install the free and open-source Mozilla Firefox Browser or Google Chrome Browser. Both of these work just like Internet Explorer but are safer, easier-to-use, and in fact load websites much faster. Give either of those a try and see if that helps a bit with the speed issue!

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me it seems to be the front page, then any calendar stuff I look at. Once I am in the forums things seem to load fine.

And as Garibaldi mentioned, Firefox is excellent. I use it more often then IE since it does load faster.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve done a few things to update the site overall and will continue the updates over the next couple of days. Please let me know if you notice that anything is faster (or slower :doh: ) or also if anything appears to no longer work!

Xman
    Participant

Works the same for me… No speed problems. I use Safari and sometimes Firefox. I must say I was hesitant about joining another automotive forum. I belong to many of them that offer a lot of good automotive info. The last thing I needed was another place to chat. I do find the car show information here very useful. I would like to thank the Admins. for providing this place to vent either good or bad. It takes a lot of commitment to host a web page and keep it updated on a regular basis. THANK YOU

:cheers:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.