Welcome Forum The Lounge Some DVD News

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The studios really stepped things up and released some good DVD sets this week.

Released on 7/19

7217843.jpg
    Sliders: Season 3

7215783.jpg
    Andromeda: Season 4

7217834.jpg
    Earth 2: The Complete Series

The big one to look out for next week is. . .

BSGS1-Large.jpg

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Ah, very nice! Sliders would make a nice addition, although I’ve seen all of them. How much will the BSG season be? That may be one I have to pick up!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Best Buy has it listed at $48.99, pretty expensive for only 13 episodes. In my opinion it should be at $29.99, season 6 of SG-1 was initially marketed as low as $39.99. This is clearly a case of the network or studio cashing in on something that’s hot.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Best Buy has it listed at $48.99, pretty expensive for only 13 episodes. In my opinion is should be at $29.99, seaon 6 of SG-1 was initially marketed as low as $39.99. This is clearly a case of the network or studio cashing in on something that’s hot.

That is pretty expensive. If it was $29.99 I would almost certainly buy it. I know SG-1 is pretty good priced, but they really jack up Star Trek – usually around $120 a season! icon_eek.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here’s some info:

Quote:
    Universal Studios Home Entertainment has joined Fox and Warner Bros in offering Best Buy a title before other retailers. Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 will appear in Best Buy stores on July 26, and sell for $69.99. Best Buy has listed it as “Battlestar Galactica (Uk Version),” which doesn’t make sense; it’s the entire first season of the series. It also appears that they’re charging full SRP, and they’ll get away with it since they don’t have any competition for 2 months.

We’ve been told by other retailers that the regular retail release will be on September 20.

So it looks like Best Buy is going to rip everyone off for the next two months! :bs: :rant: BangHead.gif

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.