Welcome Forum Car Shows Sonic Drive-In in Middleton

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be open?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I think January 2009

RivFan
    Participant

Does anyone remember the old “Dog ‘n Suds” drive-in that was located on University Avenue just down from where the new Sonic will be? I think it was where the Brennan’s store is now. Too bad a place like that didn’t survive… it would have been a great cruise-in spot today!

jonmandude
    Participant

If this does open I am going to go talk with them about setting up a cruise night

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Hell yeah, a cruise night there would be cool.

GTO Man

They would have plenty of overflow parking in that parking lot next door.

circletrack
    Participant

Just not on Tuesdays…. Please! :)

jonmandude
    Participant

I think we all know what day I would choose. And no Circletrack, I would not interfere with my favorite cruise night…Tuesdays at Culvers East

circletrack
    Participant

:P

It would be a great idea to have something, let us know if you need any help! I can’t wait for Sonic to open, a very welcome addition to Madison we’ve needed for a long time! :silly:

moparkid25
    Participant

circletrack wrote:

Quote:
    Just not on Tuesdays…. Please! :)

Yeah, because we wouldn’t want it to interfere with greasy haired, tough-guy wannabe cruise night at Rev. Jim’s Roadhouse 😆

Amigo2k
    GTO Man

That’s cool, quicker than I thought it would be open.

moparkid25
    Participant

its a lil cold yet for a cruise in though…:P

Anonymous
    Inactive

I drove out at lunch today to check on the progress. It appears that they are putting on the finishing touches and will open on schedule. There is a “by invitation only” Grand Opening on Saturday and Sunday of this week. I wonder what it would take to get one of those “by special invitation” invites for Saturday or Sunday?

Sonic opens to the public at 11AM on Monday.

There are a couple of extra long coney dogs with my name on them, just waiting for me for lunch on Monday:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

jonmandude
    Participant

every restaurant does a “soft opening”. They invite usually less than 100 people to use as a de-bugging of sorts, so the real opening goes without a hitch.

Xman
    Participant

Another overpriced grease pit.. but I’ll probably check it out once.. Got to work on raising my cholesterol anyway..lol

Nutrition Guide:woohoo:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.