Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Speed Traps

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Are there any speed traps around the areas where you live? In Wisconsin there are a number that I know of. One is in Rosendale which is between Madison and Oshkosh. It is a very small and I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if it is fully funded with the tickets that are written. The cops like to hide at either end of town where the speed limit drops like a rock. In Madison they started they just started using radar from a plane.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    hpdog259962
    Participant

Yup we’ve got a trap on every road leading out of town. You hope if something happens, it’s at the outskirts.

They also like to watch the main roads

IL Rt. 120
    IL Rt. 31 North
    IL Rt. 31 South
    US Rt. 12
    And Such

Anonymous
    Inactive

Too many GATSOs to count…

GTO Man

They have been watching the beltline in Madison very close. Planes, shadow cars, motorcycles, its about time they get serious about it. People drive like maniacs and they don’t get there any faster.

hpdog259962
    Participant

They love to past me becasue I don’t have a brand new car (1967). But they just go to a red light for or five lights down. Then I get in front of him due to momentum. Go figure.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    They have been watching the beltline in Madison very close. Planes, shadow cars, motorcycles, its about time they get serious about it. People drive like maniacs and they don’t get there any faster.

That’s the truth, they rarely get to their destination any faster but they put themselves and all the other drivers at a huge risk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.