Welcome Forum Car Shows Spring Green

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

How was the Spring Green show today? We’re trying something new, you can use each of these categories to rate the show and leave comments, and then pick an overall rating (and vote for it at the top):
    Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Parking Location
    Class Organization
    Trophies & Prizes
    Food
    Entertainment
    Judging
    Dash Plaque
    Variety of Cars
    Bathrooms
    Weather
    Trophy Presentation Timing
    Entry Fee

Overall Rating:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought the organizers of the show worked very hard to get it right. And as anyone ever involved in organizing a car show knows it is hard work. In my opinion every thing went great. A few more trash receptacles and porta johns would help but this did not distract from the show. Good Job to the organizers of the show. I will certainly return next year. icon_cheers.gif

circletrack
    Participant

Doing this right ~

Parking Location ~ B. Good, although some of the merchants weren’t thrilled to have us in front of their business.
    Class Organization ~ A. This really didn’t apply as you weren’t parked in your class.
    Trophies & Prizes ~ A. The trophies are nice (I won Best in my class and Best GM), no complaints here! :)
    Food ~ B. Donuts were offered this morning, nothing else. I was told they would working on this next year and will provide more options.
    Entertainment ~ B. The DJ was good, although a bit loud. I know some had headaches by the end of the day, and I saw more than one person with cotton in their ears.
    Judging ~ B. Participant judging ~ either you love it or hate it.
    Dash Plaque ~ Not applicable, this surprised me!
    Variety of Cars ~ A. Great! I got to see some cars I’ve never seen before and old favorites.
    Bathrooms ~ B. Definitely need more next year, they will be working on this also.
    Weather ~ At times it looked like rain for sure, but the sun came out and the day ended nicely.
    Trophy Presentation Timing ~ A. Great! They stuck to their time schedule, I think were even ahead
    Entry Fee ~ A. $5 seems the norm, I don’t mind paying that.

All told, this was a good show. The Road Apples had a great time and will be back next year for sure. This was the second year for the show (last year they had less than 50 cars), and ended up with at least 150 this year! They know the improvements that need to be made and were more than willing to take recommendations to make things even better. The town merchants need to learn to work with the participants a bit more, instead of against them. This will take time and the Chamber will be talking to them. Great day!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Parking Location – A – I really like the shows with the cars around the square. It makes for very neat rows, an even and level surface, and no issues with wet grass because its on blacktop. Also the shops along the street make it convenient to get something to eat
    Class Organization – B – They had quite a few classes but no muscle car or special classes like mustang
    Trophies & Prizes – A – Plenty of door prizes throughout the day and the trophies sounded like they were hand made and took a lot of time and effort
    Food – C – not too much food except in some of the local bars. The one I ate at took forever to cook a burger, although it was good once I got it
    Entertainment – C – The same 5 songs or so that we hear at every car show. Also the music was either too loud or too soft in places
    Judging – A – I have no problem with participant judging at this show
    Dash Plaque – F – No dash plaque
    Variety of Cars – A – a wide variety, including many rarities
    Bathrooms – B – available but only in the bars, none on the street
    Weather – B – the rain held off most of the day and the temperature was good, it did sprinkle for a bit in the afternoon
    Trophy Presentation Timing – didn’t stay, can’t comment
    Entry Fee – A – $5 is not bad

Overall Rating: A

GTO Man

Parking Location – A Great parking location downtown, plenty of room between cars.

Class Organization – B Seemed to be a fair breakdown of classes.

Trophies & Prizes – B Plenty of door prizes throughout the day, trophies sounded like they would be nice. Sounds like I won something but was not there at the end. I will call the Chamber of Commerce to see if they held it.

Food – C There were some choices.

Entertainment – B DJ played some good music.

Judging – N/A since participant

Dash Plaque – N/A None given

Variety of Cars – A Very nice variety, all top quality. Some of the nicest I have seen this year.

Bathrooms – C Not apparent where they were.

Weather – B Good weather for sitting there, not too hot. A few sprinkles but no downpours.

Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A wasn’t there

Entry Fee – Very resonable entry fee at $5, that is probably why no dash plaques.

Overall – B

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, let us know what you find out! I’m pretty sure all the trophies were picked up (or picked up by someone that knew the person), but I could be wrong.

Dash plaques really aren’t that expensive, maybe they do this next year?

Anonymous
    Inactive

thumbsup.gif I certainly heard your name called and no one picked up your trophy. I am sure the chamber can give you the name of the appropriate sponsor for your trophy. Congrats.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Does anyone know for sure if they hold the trophies if you aren’t present? Their flyer didn’t say anything about being present to win

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,

Spring Green Motors (70boss on the forum) was also a co-sponsor of this show. Maybe you could contact him and find out who is holding your trophy.

Congrats on the win!!!!

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

I don’t think you had to be present, it’s worth calling to find out.

GTO Man

I called and they do hold the trophy if you won one. They will be getting back to me. I’ll let you know what I find out.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    I called and they do hold the trophy if you won one. They will be getting back to me. I’ll let you know what I find out.

I just checked my email. I received an email from Spring Grren Chamber of Commerce. I won Best of Show Ford category. They will be sending it to me by UPS.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Great! Glad to hear it!

circletrack
    Participant

Awesome! Congratulations! I probably didn’t hear that award as I won Best GM and we were busy celebrating!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Congrats! icon_punk.gif

GTO Man
    Quote:
    Awesome! Congratulations! I probably didn’t hear that award as I won Best GM and we were busy celebrating!

Congratulations on the award.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.