Welcome Forum Car Shows Spring Jefferson 2008 – Anyone looking for parts?

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This winter has seemed terribly long and I know that we’re all looking forward to the start of the car show season with Spring Jefferson! sunny.gif Is anyone going to be going up and looking for parts this spring? Or perhaps for a new project car?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I think that is a hint to the “new toy”….

We want pics!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Pics please!

GTO Man

Looks like another great weekend weather-wise, NOT. I’ll be heading to Jefferson fairly early tomorrow. It will be the busiest day by far, considering Sunday’s forecast. There are a number of things I will be looking for: some wheel trim for my ’68 GTO, a power antenna for that car, a switch for the convertible top that goes on the dash(they only made them that year, they aren’t reproduced), a switch for the power antenna that goes on the dash(again that type only made one year only), and any automobile items that look interesting.

Amigo2k

Two words:

Mud Hole

I have other plans this weekend and won’t be able to make it out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just got back from Jefferson. I was off today, so I drove to Jefferson to see just how wet it is. There is alot of water standing, to include the sod farms as you come into Jefferson, which are under several inches of water. Spectator parking is going to be the biggest issue because most of the fields and pasture around the fair grounds are low lying. If I were going on Saturday, I would go early and pay to park in someone’s driveway or front yard off of N Jackson, which is the paid vendor and show car entrance street. Or, find some high ground somewhere and walk. Much of the car corral area is not useable due to standing water, although they are making some adjustments to expand that area and accomodate the large numbers of cars for sale. The show car area seems to be OK at this time, but who knows if we get anymore rain.

I was really surprised to see the large number of cars going into the car corral area and the large numbers of paid vendors showing up, setting up, and already selling at 12:30 PM today. I can tell you that it is true, that Jefferson does open up on Friday at lunch time for the general public to do some early bird shopping.

Marshall

GTO Man

The easy way to get there would be by helicopter. It will be a pain if the fields are that wet and parking is limited.

moparkid25
    Participant

Ryan’s right, “Mud Hole”.

A few friends had talked me into going, but I think I’m gonna pass. I had 2″ of rain at home overnight, my building site is a mud swamp, and I just cleaned my truck for spring. Then I got at least another inch here at work this morning! I think I’ll get some of my mowing clients settled tomorrow instead of getting my boots full of mud.

RivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    Ryan’s right, “Mud Hole”.

I also agree with Ryan. For me, Jefferson is nothing but a bunch of yahoos and junk.

(No offense if you consider yourself to be a yahoo)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I woke up this morning early intending to go, but it was quite cold out with the strong wind, and I decided that that coupled with the water made it not worth it.

circletrack
    Participant

We just got back and it’s a huge, huge mess but surprisingly there are still lots of people there trekking through the mud and I saw plenty of parts carried out. The car corral is overflowing, like every year and there are plenty of parts to go around. I think some of the bigger vendors brought about half their inventory and many people will be packing up later today as it’s supposed to be very cold tomorrow. It was between 30-40 degrees, very windy and downright miserable the time we were there, but it’s SPRING JEFFERSON! A tradition! :)

moparkid25
    Participant

I allowed myself to drink too much last night and didn’t get productive until about noon today icon_vomit1.gif Had I’d been in my usual top form when I woke up this morning, I still wouldn’t have went.

The wind is terrible today, it’s gusting against my apartment and its cold enough I had to turn the heat back on BangHead.gif

GTO Man

I went down yesterday. Once we got close to Jefferson it took an hour to an hour and a half to get parked. That is not surprising since normal parking was limited because of all the rain. There was a good turnout, most of the vending spots were filled and there were allot of cars for sale. The wind was howling and the temperature was chilly. I found a couple of things I was looking for.

I wonder if show cars will be allowed in today because of limited parking. Did anyone being a car down to the show today? This was definitely the better day weather-wise.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had planned on bringing my car to the Sunday only show today, but did not. I do go yesterday and it just didn’t look like there would be much dry ground for the show cars today.

As an aside, I did see Dick Brown (Jim Normington’s brother in law) who had Jim’s Red Impala in the Car Corral, and it looked like he had several serious offers on the car at lunch time on Saturday. I hope that he was able to sell the car.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Some friends went down Sunday and said it was pretty bare, many of the vendors near the grandstands were gone or packing up Sunday morning. I imagine not many show cars were there Sunday even though the weather was more cooperative. Steve had my car on a trailer Thursday night in the rain and it’s a mess just from that, let alone driving through mud puddles inches deep! w00t.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

[align=justify:1149314f12]First time poster on here and first time at Jefferson was Saturday.

Wet and windy and muddy but it was not as bad as I thought. When the sun was out it was not that bad. I did feel bad for some of the vendors that were set-up in a mud puddle. We never did make it into the “show” just walked around the cars for sale section. How were prices this year on cars compared to other years? Not sure if it was just me but if you wanted a vette there weare a few to be had, however could be like that every year since there are just alot of vettes period. I also noticed a few cars with-out any price or contact info that were in the for sale section. Not sure why you would not at least put your phone number on it, but then again maybe they paid the $50 just for a place to park out of the mud.[/align:1149314f12]

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.