Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Stainless Steel or Chrome – Windshield Trim

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know that is going to sound like a dumb question, but I have some concerns about the windshield and rear window trim on the Mustang. Since it will coming off anyway for new glass and a new headliner, I thought I would get it polished as opposed to purchasing reproduction stuff which is totally worthless.

I don’t think that it is stainless steel, but a chrome plated metal alloy. The correct answer is important because stainless steel can be polished to a high shine. Chrome can also be polished, but chrome pieces can also be replated. I don’t have a clue as to the cost of this, but being an “old school” kind of guy, I want to do this job once, do it right, and move on.

Has anyone used any replating or polishing places in the Madison area for trim or other pieces from your car? Is there anyone local that you would recommend for this kind of work?

Marshall

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I haven’t had to have anything replated or chromed yet. Maybe one of the members knows of a good resource to do this locally. I will check into it to see if I can find some options for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the offer, Nick.

After inspecting this trim, up close and personal, and I am convinced that it is stainless steel and desperately in need of polishing. There is a place on Stewart, off of Greenway, Madison Custom Polishing and Plating, but they seem to be backed up, and need, if I heard the gentleman on the phone correctly, possibly 4 to 6 weeks to do the work. I could plan this into the project over the winter, but not during the driving/show season. Also, they want to see the trim before they will give a quote or offer up any suggestions.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That wait is way too long during car show season!! 😯

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.