Welcome Forum The Lounge Star Trek

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Star Trek has had quite a run over the years. Gene Rodenberry had a great imagination. What made Star Trek so popular and which series did you like the most?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I really like all of them, so this is very tough! Drogar-Angry(LBG).gif

I’d have to go with TNG though because it really was my favorite. The whole crew dynamic is great and all the characters are excellent. Not only does it bring a whole new aspect to Star Trek by adding an artifical lifeform as a crewmember it also helped set the stage in the star trek universe for DS9 and VGR.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I always liked TNG and Voyager myself, I voted TNG as my fav…

hpdog259962
    Participant

This is a toughie, they all are pretty good, I guess I’ll have to say TNG.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Like both Chevelle and hpdog I like them all… it was sooo hard to choose!! icon_rolleyes.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

Tough for me too. I had to go with Deep Space 9. I think it had some of the most interesting characters. Quark(a Ferengi’s Ferengi), Odo(shape shifter), Doctor Bashir(geneticaly enhanced), etc. I also like the fact that they were on their own and not tied too closely to the Federation. Gave it more of a Wild West feel.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Tough for me too. I had to go with Deep Space 9. I think it had some of the most interesting characters. Quark(a Ferengi’s Ferengi), Odo(shape shifter), Doctor Bashir(geneticaly enhanced), etc. I also like the fact that they were on their own and not tied too closely to the Federation. Gave it more of a Wild West feel.

If you notice it also had alot of close ties with Babylon 5, there were alot of parallels in both characters and plots.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    If you notice it also had alot of close ties with Babylon 5, there were alot of parallels in both characters and plots.

Parallels/DS9 ripped them off. B5 was definitely superior though.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Quote:

Parallels/DS9 ripped them off. B5 was definitely superior though.

I agree, B5 was definitely better. DS9 just ripped them off, which shows how talented JMS really is, his storyarcs are that good! thumbsup.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

BUMP!!

This was before my time here 😯

I obviously voted TNG. The best of the bunch by far. :) :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Definitely. It had an indefineable quality to it. They really explored so many areas and set a precedent for other series both Star Trek and other scifi to follow. The cast was phenomenal, an excellent show!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yoda had a similar post at VH, and my response here is more or less the same. TOS appeals to my heart since I watched it growing up. TNG appeals to my head because the stories were so good (thanks to Ron Moore). Enterprise was good; the last season was especially good. DS9 & VOY were okay, but got better once they got Worf (DS9) and 7 of 9 (VOY).

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yoda had a similar post at VH, and my response here is more or less the same. TOS appeals to my heart since I watched it growing up. TNG appeals to my head because the stories were so good (thanks to Ron Moore). Enterprise was good; the last season was especially good. DS9 & VOY were okay, but got better once they got Worf (DS9) and 7 of 9 (VOY).

Yeah those extra characters (with Worf anyway) helped to establish the series more because it was a familiar face and character added to the show. I think they made a nice transition with his addition, its not that easy to make a seamless character transition like that

Anonymous
    Inactive

And don’t forget beautiful Jeri Ryan (7 of 9). I still can’t believe her low life husband took her LA sex clubs so he could watch her perform with other men. icon_scratch.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    And don’t forget beautiful Jeri Ryan (7 of 9). I still can’t believe her low life husband took her LA sex clubs so he could watch her perform with other men. icon_scratch.gif

Jeesh I didn’t need to read that icon_vomit1.gif :D :D

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah sounds like a real straight-shooter

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.